MEDICATION

Selinalys

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies
Does other medication affect Diabetic drugs, since being on Tamoxifen for a month, I feel quite ill, sometimes sick, or stomach pains.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tamoxifen has a lot of side effects, some quite nasty. Have you checked to see what these are? It should also tell you on the leaflet what other drugs are contra-indicated.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, do look at all the leaflets and Google and talk to the pharmacist. I note you are on Metformin which is generally OK with most other drugs, but you are also on a Glitazone and these are known to have some side effects and possible interactions. As the Glitazones do have some problems including water retention you might want to discuss a change to another diabetic drug with the GP?

Selinalys

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies
Tamoxifen has a lot of side effects, some quite nasty. Have you checked to see what these are? It should also tell you on the leaflet what other drugs are contra-indicated.

The Doctor said I had to come off 'ARIMDEX' as nuclear bone scane showed it had caused osteroporosis, so told him about how I am now, he says in cannot be the Tamoxifen, but all I know is, I feel unwell, thank you for your reply