Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5 this morning had an early evening meal as out so suspect that helped.

@AndBreathe and @Brunneria thanks - I may order myself some home tests when money less tight after tax bill paid. Though perhaps by then Poundland may be selling kit as I noticed they had a DNA testing kit in the shop last week !!

I've found that this batch whilst not reading particularly high has not been most consistent so I've also been doing a lot of retesting some days.

Reactions: 4 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Mine yesterday & today before breakfast were 17.1 but got down to 5.7 by mid afternoon was really pleased as have not seen single numbers for ages.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.6-fasting
7.1-2 hours after breakfast
5.7 at 1430.Don't feel a bit hungry

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where is the Diet and Exercise only box?
still at number 1 and slide 4 from the link
upload_2014-10-20_0-20-41.png

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm only seeing one slide which says monotherapy should be started when hba1c is <7.5

Am I missing something?

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG, 7.0 this morning, and feel like @$&?@&$!!! Slight headache, sore muscles in neck and back, and over all not feeling well.

Have to figure out what the cause was, last time I hit a 7 was months ago. Had a beer around 4:30pm, tested at 4.3 1 hour later, an 4.6 2 hours later. First beer since I went LCHF. Dinner was home made ginger beef, used LOTS of ginger, some soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, rice vinegar, and olive oil ad the marinade. Set for 30 mins, then fried up with some coconut oil in a hot pan. Very yummy.

2 squares 90% chocolate for a snack, and under the covers by 11pm.

Time to google the carbs in some of those ingredients. Unless it's a very delayed reaction to the beer, no experience with beer on my BS, as this was the first venture with one since low carbing.

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What beer was it?

Locally brewed lager. All ingredince are within a few miles, and organic, no GMO.

Edit : My guess it was the ginger, just eye-balling on the amount I used, I probably hit 30-35g with just this alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1g of ginger is 1g of carbs according to myfitnesspal app.

So the ginger and the lager would be around 50-55g of carbs on their own.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm only seeing one slide which says monotherapy should be started when hba1c is <7.5

Am I missing something?
above the box is a link to the power point slides 'American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists’ the endo's are mostly talking about what they do as part of the team, slide 4 in the presentation covers lifestyle changes and overweight

but a higher morning and a lower day can average out ok,
I found it a good page on what and when and thought it worth sharing

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1g of ginger is 1g of carbs according to myfitnesspal app.

So the ginger and the lager would be around 50-55g of carbs on their own.

I think I had about a 1/4 cup or slightly more after grating. :) Yep, I'm still carb intolerant

EDIT: Guess I now know what I'm going to feel like when Christmas comes around and I give in a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are all still learning.
Took me 9 months to stumble across the fact that a pint of Tesco semi skimmed milk is 27.2g of carbs.
I wrongly assumed as it was a natural product it would be fine!!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413731452.551867.jpg

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Apart from the excellent replies by @pavlosn can I ask if you re-tested that 7.8? It may have been a rogue reading. Personally, I would have re-tested.

Nope, didn't retest but fasting reading was 6.6. One thing I have worked out is that I must eat almost immediately after I wake. Made the world of difference to the little trembles which just disappeared. I'd still like to vary the diet a bit.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Nope, didn't retest but fasting reading was 6.6. One thing I have worked out is that I must eat almost immediately after I wake. Made the world of difference to the little trembles which just disappeared. I'd still like to vary the diet a bit.

Still got me stumped

6.6 / 7.2 / 7.5 on waking one hour and two hours. Bugging me a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.