Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
....... Being charged more than new customers for mobile contract etc.
Call centre workers asking me what the weather is like in uk
Being put on hold , asking me if I mind , Is there a choice ?
Bin liners being so thin and weak they split when filled
Extortionate parking rates , small car parking spaces, having to pay for 4 hours when only stayed 3 !!!
So many moans , better stop .and ....
Breathe

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Rude customers who think "the customer is always right" is law.
People who text while you are trying to have a face to face conversation with them.
All people who think adoption is a last resort or that adopted children can't be a good as birth ones (I chose to adopt and my son is awesome). In particular people who make comments such as "it's not the same as having your own". He IS my own you f***tard!!!
BMW mini drivers - it's not a proper mini it's just a small BMW.

Reactions: 8 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sleeveless clothes.

I mean, why?!?

Unless you are a shrimp, upper arms are better veiled. By sleeves.

And they're drafty.

And even if you want to waggle your bingo wings at people, and want to feel cold, they are only suitable for about 3 weeks a year. Ok, maybe 4 weeks this year.

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Sleeveless clothes.

I mean, why?!?

Unless you are a shrimp, upper arms are better veiled. By sleeves.

And they're drafty.

And even if you want to waggle your bingo wings at people, and want to feel cold, they are only suitable for about 3 weeks a year. Ok, maybe 4 weeks this year.

Which decade are we talking about B? I remember having a drawer full of 'capped sleeve' t-shirts in the 80's.......

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which decade are we talking about B? I remember having a drawer full of 'capped sleeve' t-shirts in the 80's.......

Any
All
Now and forever!

This year, apparently, 'sleeveless waistcoats' are 'in'.

Firstly, have you ever heard of a waistcoat with sleeves?
So that is just a load of trendy prepubescent fashionista blather.

Secondly, they are pushing this remarkable garment as 'an extra layer'. 'For warmth'.
Huh?
Warmth implies coverage. Implies sleeves. Implies something to cover the bum.

Ok, maybe my rant is more to do with the infantile fashion 'pusher' on TV, and less to do with the waistcoats themselves...

I'll shut up now.

You can all wear waistcoats if you like. Just don't pretend they are for warmth.
You need a VEST for that!!!
;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any
All
Now and forever!

This year, apparently, 'sleeveless waistcoats' are 'in'.

Firstly, have you ever heard of a waistcoat with sleeves?
So that is just a load of trendy prepubescent fashionista blather.

Secondly, they are pushing this remarkable garment as 'an extra layer'. 'For warmth'.
Huh?
Warmth implies coverage. Implies sleeves. Implies something to cover the bum.

Ok, maybe my rant is more to do with the infantile fashion 'pusher' on TV, and less to do with the waistcoats themselves...

I'll shut up now.

You can all wear waistcoats if you like. Just don't pretend they are for warmth.
You need a VEST for that!!!
;)

So thermals are in 101 then?

Oh. And which room would my newly acquired faux sheepskin gillet go? It's outrageously toasty but covers neither wings nor my seat.

Pedants like me like clarity.

Bewlidered of Breatheland

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So thermals are in 101 then?

Oh. And which room would my newly acquired faux sheepskin gillet go? It's outrageously toasty but covers neither wings nor my seat.

Pedants like me like clarity.

Bewlidered of Breatheland

Yup. You are right.

Especially when you factor in that vests tend to be sleeveless too. Certainly all my father's string vests were...

Perhaps my mouth frothing-dislike was less to do with the sleeveless clothing and more to do with the tv fashion presenter. When did they start recruiting from primary school? And lose all sense of personal style? And become more preoccupied with 'the runway' than how it looks on a human being, not a stick insect?

Also, I may be strange, but I ALWAYS feel the cold in my upper arms..

Ok, so I still seem to be in rant mode, but the sleeveless thing is less important.

Maybe I am just a grouch.
I'm ok with that.
:D

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup. You are right.

Especially when you factor in that vests tend to be sleeveless too. Certainly all my father's string vests were...

Perhaps my mouth frothing-dislike was less to do with the sleeveless clothing and more to do with the tv fashion presenter. When did they start recruiting from primary school? And lose all sense of personal style? And become more preoccupied with 'the runway' than how it looks on a human being, not a stick insect?

Also, I may be strange, but I ALWAYS feel the cold in my upper arms..

Ok, so I still seem to be in rant mode, but the sleeveless thing is less important.

Maybe I am just a grouch.
I'm ok with that.
:D

I hate to mention it, but it's very much looking to me like days off aren't suiting your demeanour........... :angelic: <<<<< in the absence of a devil emoticon.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hate to mention it, but it's very much looking to me like days off aren't suiting your demeanour........... :angelic: <<<<< in the absence of a devil emoticon.

Not sure if it's the day off, or the late night before the day off.
- after all, if you don't have to get up, why not stay up silly-late and watch silly-people on telly?

*rolls eyes at own stupidity!*

But we've had a lovely sunny dog walk along the seafront, with a coffeencream at a nice dog friendly cafe.

And all is once again well with the world! :happy:

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People selling Big Issue. Usually foreign . When I and many others have worked hard all our lives.
Scroungers I hate them.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Drivers who can't be bothered using their indicators...
P-A-R-T-I-C-U-L-A-R-L-Y at roundabouts.
:mad:

Must try to stop one and ask...
"How long after we pass the driving test can we stop using our indicators".

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have three v neck sleeveless pullovers that I really like!
As a near wrinklie,bus pass next year, I have adopted several vests(not the string ones(eewwwww!) more for the summer than keeping warm.
I have fond memories of tank tops! Now they are a fashion statement! With huge flairs! Penny round collared shirts! Late 70s gone mad!
Can you please put them into room 101?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have three v neck sleeveless pullovers that I really like!
As a near wrinklie,bus pass next year, I have adopted several vests(not the string ones(eewwwww!) more for the summer than keeping warm.
I have fond memories of tank tops! Now they are a fashion statement! With huge flairs! Penny round collared shirts! Late 70s gone mad!
Can you please put them into room 101?

But, but but,........... they'll be back in fashion any minute now!!!

(That being a quote from my OH.)

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Non stick pans that stick and I insist on keeping in drawer !
Quick and easy recipes that are neither quick or easy
Tv cooks that use ridiculously expensive and obscure ingredients
All room 101 please

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:( Getting Old

Although it better than the alternative

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so glad you're back.
And on such form!

Yes to both.

:happy:
Ah, no, not sure about self service checkouts. They can be a pain, but if it means I avoid the surly checkout operator, who sneezes into her hands then carries on handling my food then they win for me. I can also avoid the gormless youth who literally chucks the food into the collecting area after scanning it, eggs become scambled. I know they have a lot to put up with from ignorant customers but checkout operators like that need a short sharp lesson in 101 ante-room.

Now my local supermarket goes one better than self service checkouts. It has hand held scanners that you take round the store and scan the items you are buying as you go. Then you can put them straight into bags as you shop, and payat checkout b
Drivers who can't be bothered using their indicators...
P-A-R-T-I-C-U-L-A-R-L-Y at roundabouts.
:mad:

Must try to stop one and ask...
"How long after we pass the driving test can we stop using our indicators".

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif
i would add to that drivers who fail to turn on their headlights in the rain, especially on the motorway. For idiots like that the lights should come on automatically when they use the windscreen wipers.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This freaking wifi that keeps dropping out as I am in the middle of a good rant, then only posting part of my rant, and making me forget what the rant was all about.

Oh yes, on the theme of supermakets. I hate it when some grubby, useless kids want to pack my bags. I know it is usually to raise money for a good cause, but I do not want some clueless oik cramming toiletries and cleaning stuff into the same bag as the squishy grapes, with his dirty germ laden mitts. I would pay him a lot to step away from my shopping. I especially loathe the ones that ignore me when I tell them to leave my shopping and I will still donate to their cause. When they do that I feel like spitting in the collection bucket, but I am too well bred to resort to that. I just don't pay them.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dirty oiks packing bags reminds me of other germs. A particularly disgusting item for 101 is the toilet brush. Ok, a toilet brush at home that is used to give the lav a good scrub, and is then properly disinfected I can just about tolerate, but those in public toilets that are dipped into the toilet bowl, then left dripping into their holder are truly disgusting, smelly germ loaded disease spreading unnecessary junk. Banish them forever. They are no substitute for proper cleaning.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to make a confession.
And I accept whatever 101 waiting room purgatory punishment you all dish out.

We (Mr B, the dog and I) went out today, shopping at our local supermarket on the way home.
Mr B went in, with clear instructions on purchasing.
I stayed outside, standing under a tree, with the hound.
- the hound who had a wee virus last week, and who still has a slightly runny nose. Which he licks. Making his whiskers, moustache and beard wet. In all other respects he is fit, perky and has a clean bill of health from the vet.
So, there I am, staring into space. Zoned out, watching clouds or something.
And I feel a slight tug on the lead, look down, and find, to my horror that a small girl has sat down against the tree, the dog has climbed into her lap, and she is fondling his face, ears, moustache and beard.
:eek:
Dog's tail is a blur of delight.
Too late to prevent significant germ exchange!
But I did manage to stop her from kissing him.

Then she asked 'why is his face wet?'
And I lied. To my shame.
I told her he had just had a drink.

I'm a bad person :sorry: