First bg test- 8.1

airsair

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Andrew you have done really well . Well done you. I really hope when i go for my first nurses check before christmas it will be as good for me.
Seems a long time away , so glad you lot are here for guidance.

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks @airsair. What I basically did was follow the newcastle diet without realizing it. A very low calorie diet and exercise for a short period. This rapidly removed the visceral fats. I would recommend it to anyone as it is just a couple of months of the rest of your life.

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @airsair. What I basically did was follow the newcastle diet without realizing it. A very low calorie diet and exercise for a short period. This rapidly removed the visceral fats. I would recommend it to anyone as it is just a couple of months of the rest of your life.
You have nothing to loose. It worked for Andrew.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I can't copy the link (hopeless) to @ally1 postings on "bs readings" but it is staggering to read the change in her bloods and her attitude towards diet and food. Same with @alliebeee (don't know her eact logon on name sorry), but these two are really such staggering examples to give.

Fats do take away cravings of carbs...

I'm personally a struggler to eat more, but I can say that the best thing that @phoenix advised me to do was to eat more fat.... My brunch is now berries and flaxseed and chia seeds in a ramekin filled to the top with cream.

Honestly, as a permanent low carber since childhood (and way before the phrase lchf came out.. ) I can honestly say that I am never hungry and never want carbs. I'm
not anorexic either!! I'm enjoying eating more cheese and omelettes etc.... But eating more carbs for me just doesn't enter my head... So after @phoenix gave me fantastic details on fat I tried it and have never looked back. It definitely cured my slow colonic transit, just the two teaspoons of flaxseed a day did that!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh and hubby decided to be a lower carber in Jan after 48 years of stuffing carbs and he never feels hungry either. He has 60g carbs max a day but full fat greek yogurt, chia n flax seeds and berries, today (homemade fish cake with veg), cheese and a home made blueberry muffin.. He not diabetic but from what he used to gorge and now say he never thinks about carbs n cravings is a huge turnaround.

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

Hi there. I started lchf just over 6 weeks ago... my readings have come down and I've lost over a stone...I'm eating olive oil coconut oil butter cream. Together with my protein and very few carbs. Approx 35g a day..my cravings have gone and I feel great...I wish you all the best