Site for CGMS

OzScot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I'm looking into getting a CGMS system (probably dexcom) and am wondering about what site people use for their sensors and how it fits with work, life etc. I run, cycle, tango dance and occasionally rock climb and it would be good to know if anyone had worked out a "one site fits all" place that works for lots of activities. Any thoughts?
Cheers

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,
I'm looking into getting a CGMS system (probably dexcom) and am wondering about what site people use for their sensors and how it fits with work, life etc. I run, cycle, tango dance and occasionally rock climb and it would be good to know if anyone had worked out a "one site fits all" place that works for lots of activities. Any thoughts?
Cheers

Depends if it needs to be out of the way as well as not visable! i find my stomach great but the one time i tried to rock climb i snagged it. Maybe backs of arms would be good?

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Mines placed about 3 inches up from the crook of my elbow. No chance of it rubbing or catching anything there.

OzScot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers guys, yeah arm seems like it could be ok as stomach seems like it'll catch a lot...

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm s bit late in a game here :D I used my stomach at first but found it less convenient and harder to keep sticky on. I switched to my arm - just below a tshirt sleeve and I'm very happy. I do only sometimes snag it on a door frame, lol :)