Verrucas

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Morning all,

Does anyone have any idea on how to treat a very painful verruca, obviously bazzuka is out, I have tried antiseptic hand wash with no results same with tea tree oil.
I am hoping for a miracle cure but won't hold my breath.
I have never had these kind of problems before, maybe its an age thing:grumpy:

C

catherinecherub

I doubt it is an age thing as children can get verrucas.

Some G.P. surgeries will tackle verrucas whilst others will pass you on to Podiatry.

H

Hooked

I found out that neither the podiatrist or the GP was willing to treat a verruca for me.
The GP might prescribe you an acid to paint on yourself daily after filing it.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a verruca for a long time- first gp gave me some form of cream to put on it....did nothing. Then said just to leave it alone and let it go itself. Second Gp offered to remove it by freezing it but warned Re increased risk of infection due to being diabetic. Think It depends very much on the individual doctor!
My diabetes consultant was horrified that it had been left untreated!

lizzie29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Stupid as it sounds: potato peel. Just peel a potato normally and rub the inside part against the verruca. Mine dissapeared within a week.

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Interesting! I will try the spud peel thingy, thanks Lizzie, horrible things.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i once had one on my big toe and was so painful. i had it for around 4 months and wasn,t treated, and one day it just fell off when i rubbed it