So annoyed got to rant

A

AnnieC

This is not about diabetes but I just want to rant about it I am so annoyed
Today I had a 4pm appointment at a gynaecology clinic at 2.30pm I had a phone call to say they were sorry but they would have to cancel it as the doctor had not turned up and they had been unable to contact him .This is not the first time I had an appointment there 3 weeks ago and that was also cancelled at the last minute because they said the doctor had cancelled the clinic that day. Ok my problem is not a serious one but something quite common to us ladies but just the same I would like to get it over and done with.
My GP referred me to the clinic which is a fairly new one and held at a small cottage hospital about 1/2 an hour by car from where I live because she said I would get a quicker appointment there than at our local main hospital which is only ten minutes drive away When she referred me they wrote to her a week or so later to say they could not see me until I had an ultra sound scan.That was done at our surgery but I had to wait for three weeks to get it done . It is now10 weeks since I had the scan and still no nearer to knowing when I will finally be seen They said they would have to phone me in the morning to give me another appointment but at this rate I will be lucky to be seen before Christmas so I won't hold my breath

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry you have been messed around like this Annie. I hope you are seen before Christmas, surely you should be right at the top of the list for the next available appointment? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your phone call tomorrow, here's hoping they fit you in quickly. It's really hard when you get yourself ready to go in for something and then it's cancelled.

Best of luck

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
This is not about diabetes but I just want to rant about it I am so annoyed
Today I had a 4pm appointment at a gynaecology clinic at 2.30pm I had a phone call to say they were sorry but they would have to cancel it as the doctor had not turned up and they had been unable to contact him .This is not the first time I had an appointment there 3 weeks ago and that was also cancelled at the last minute because they said the doctor had cancelled the clinic that day. Ok my problem is not a serious one but something quite common to us ladies but just the same I would like to get it over and done with.
My GP referred me to the clinic which is a fairly new one and held at a small cottage hospital about 1/2 an hour by car from where I live because she said I would get a quicker appointment there than at our local main hospital which is only ten minutes drive away When she referred me they wrote to her a week or so later to say they could not see me until I had an ultra sound scan.That was done at our surgery but I had to wait for three weeks to get it done . It is now10 weeks since I had the scan and still no nearer to knowing when I will finally be seen They said they would have to phone me in the morning to give me another appointment but at this rate I will be lucky to be seen before Christmas so I won't hold my breath
I'd complain to PALS....and/or ask about a referral to a different centre...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Such a shame that they cancelled your appointment, it's been on the news today that some health workers have been on a walkout in a dispute over pay, I do wonder if this had some bearing on their decision.

A

AnnieC

I'm sorry you have been messed around like this Annie. I hope you are seen before Christmas, surely you should be right at the top of the list for the next available appointment? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your phone call tomorrow, here's hoping they fit you in quickly. It's really hard when you get yourself ready to go in for something and then it's cancelled.

Best of luck
Thanks Zand keeping my fingers crossed

A

AnnieC

Such a shame that they cancelled your appointment, it's been on the news today that some health workers have been on a walkout in a dispute over pay, I do wonder if this had some bearing on their decision.
Yes I did wonder if that affected it but to say the doctor had just not turned up for the clinic with no contact or explanation as to why how bad is that

A

AnnieC

I'd complain to PALS....and/or ask about a referral to a different centre...
Loobles asking for a referal to somewhere else would probably just put me at the bottom of the waiting list again as it is not urgent so I will just keeping my fingers crossed that it will be third time lucky

K

Kat100

Third time lucky is not really good enough though ...you must of put a lot of time in waiting for that appointment ...
Human error yes , but a back up plan from the health service would be nice ...but in reality it does not happen enough ...
A big topic the NHS ....sorry to hear you are having this delay ...hope you hear something soon ...take care ..Kat

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Well, Annie, if this doctor is so unreliable at coming in to his clinic of a morning with patients all over the day (I have some personal theories here why - hmm), I would suggest that - if you can - you should try to get a second referral to another place. - And anyway, if this doctor has a 'personal' problem (not at all unknown even among doctors), I might myself choose to go to another one.

annelise

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes I did wonder if that affected it but to say the doctor had just not turned up for the clinic with no contact or explanation as to why how bad is that

Not good Annie, here's hoping you get another appointment soon...............and they don't cancel it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Loobles asking for a referal to somewhere else would probably just put me at the bottom of the waiting list again as it is not urgent so I will just keeping my fingers crossed that it will be third time lucky
Did you try PALS then? Never fails for me.

H

Hooked

I wouldn't have faith in a Dr that cancels clinics or just doesn't turn up for a clinic. I'd be wondering when they do actually turn up, is their head in the game? Personally, I'd be going back to the GP and looking to get referred to somewhere else.

A

AnnieC

We
I wouldn't have faith in a Dr that cancels clinics or just doesn't turn up for a clinic. I'd be wondering when they do actually turn up, is their head in the game? Personally, I'd be going back to the GP and looking to get referred to somewhere else.
ll I will go to the appointment but if I am not satisfied I will certainly be telling my GP about it. I am going to tell her about the cancelled appointments anyway and why they were Will be seeing her in a couple of weeks after my annual blood test.so will have been to the clinic by then... hopefully if they don't cancel again

A

AnnieC

I am not sure if it is the same doctor every time it seems that several doctors do these clinics....not just the gynaecology one..it is a hospital that is just for out patients clinics no wards there so doctors from the general hospitals around do a clinic there...gynaecology is only once a week

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope all went well yesterday:)

Or is it next Monday?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: