Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe You seem to have a good experience with regard to how forums operate and you have highlighted and suggested some change.
The internal team have taken on board all the points your post has shown, and are taking necessary measures to ensure what can be done within their guidelines and management approval to improve the site.They also responded instantly to your original Post.
Why do you need dates and answers so quickly knowing how in-house systems operate. It is a bit like the team having to answer a audit report that was not required in the first place.

Because if we have an indicative date, it manages our expectations, and can realistically mute criticism on unresponsiveness/no action if it is known none will happen for X amount of time. In my experience, if these things are in process, they will be part of a plan (for manpower resourcing if nothing else) that works through the expected timeframes for any development and gives an output of an targeted implementation date. Of course, those dates sometimes have to change where priorities are challenged or problems arise, but there is usually some idea.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - I'm almost regretting posting this thread now. If we want to argue about stuff, could we please have separate threads, or this will simply end up locked again.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Guys - I'm almost regretting posting this thread now. If we want to argue about stuff, could we please have separate threads, or this will simply end up locked again.

We don't wish to promote nor encourage any arguments here .
Nor transfer any future arguments to separate threads .

Arguments and bickering are not positive within the forum .
Highly negative actually .
Only serves to inflame a thread and isn't anyway supportive at all .

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the answers to all of my questions. (Except the one about multiple identities and that wasn't for admin or the mods)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

I honestly don't see any argument going on here. A simple question regarding multiple accounts has been asked (why are they allowed, what purpose do they serve) and not answered in a way that addresses members' concerns as expressed. Aren't we meant to be dealing with transparency here?

(Sorry @AndBreathe I would have opened a new thread but admin don't seem to want that either).

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Giverny - the forum works very well and has done for a long time. Like anything on Gods Green Earth, what comes out is only as good as what goes in!

Keep on doing what you do as without you and your fellow admin bods there would be no forum. I don't know how much supportive feedback you got but the negative tends to outweigh it. I for one, thank you.
Thanks Scardoc! I don't get much positive feedback from this forum, personally. I'm doing my best here and I do greatly appreciate any positive feedback I get :)

I honestly don't see any argument going on here. A simple question regarding multiple accounts has been asked (why are they allowed, what purpose do they serve) and not answered in a way that addresses members' concerns as expressed. Aren't we meant to be dealing with transparency here?

(Sorry @AndBreathe I would have opened a new thread but admin don't seem to want that either).
There is no huge problems that can arise from allowing users to operate more than one account (and equally no real benefit to the site), so I won't be making any changes to the rules with regards to this in the foreseeable future. If it does become a problem, however, then I will consider altering the rules.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Arguments and bickering are not positive within the forum .
Highly negative actually .
Only serves to inflame a thread and isn't anyway supportive at all .

Anna - Purely for the record.

I was feeling the thread move into debating mode, which wasn't my objective. I have tried to create a simple feedback loop which could serve both the users and Admin/Mods fairly well as a simple medium to keep users updated on topics voluntarily raised, by both side, on a now locked thread.

I have no wish to see arguments any more than you, but I merely recognise that if they were to arise, my preference would be that they take place somewhere that isn't this thread.

Civil, collaborative communication, surely shouldn't be this difficult? [Rhetorical question.]

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
We really need to move on and instill more positivity .

Not get hung up on repeated circular debate , discussion ,
or arguments past or future .

Giverny has answered your questions with complete fairness within posts
on this thread .
Can we all chug along more reassured now .
We really do our best to help out where can we do .

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you jack, are a man among men, seldom in my lifetime have I encountered someone with such good looks and intellect
why thank you, jack
I think you are someone who stands head and shoulders above the rabble too

Reactions: 12 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why thank you, jack
lol this NOTjack412 sounds like a really nice guy. I'd like to offer to do his ironing:)

Reactions: 10 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@AndBreathe Thank you for attempting to gather constructive feedback for the betterment of forum. I appreciate your efforts, even if others don't :) X

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe Thank you for attempting to gather constructive feedback for the betterment of forum. I appreciate your efforts, even if others don't :) X

Absolute agreement.

It would be a wonderful thing if people didn't undermine efforts like this by introducing personal theories and debates.

@AndBreathe asked a question, and got answers.
Some of them may not have been what we were hoping for, but hey ho. That's life.

No need for it to degenerate into opening old, festering sores.

I would also like to thank @Giverny for her efforts. The changes may be slow, but they seem to be coming. I know how long these things can take, especially when shoehorned into an existing workload.

And I know from my own work situation that not appreciating my efforts does not get you what you want any quicker and, depending on your attitude, it may slow things down even more! ;)

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolute agreement.

It would be a wonderful thing if people didn't undermine efforts like this by introducing personal theories and debates.

AndBreathe asked a question, and got answers.
Some of them may not have been what we were hoping for, but hey ho. That's life.

No need for it to degenerate into opening old, festering sores.

I hear ozone treatment is good for those.:);)

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't often report things and like others when I have done haven't always had a response.
I reported a thread earlier this evening(actually I reported my own rather cynical post but included the reasons for my cynicism ). I had dinner and came back to a reply.
Thank you Anna

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
why thank you, jack

You're not telling me that Notjack412 has been banned? I thought multiple accounts weren't a problem? Unless perhaps they are funny ones? :)

On the subject of arguments; is that referring to my post about why multiple accounts are problematic for at least some people? I hope not; that wasn't the intention; it was a question in response to a statement.

Best

Dillinger
removed comment aimed at another member (unneccessary)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.