Always hungry ?

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2 and could eat all day , is this a common symptom of T2 ?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What are you eating rick? This is a common sign of insulin resistance. May be some dietary changes and more exercise will help.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i was hungry all the time but found i was constantly thinking of food and some of it was bordom

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
While eating carbs I was hungry most of the time. Even after a good meal I still fancied steak and chips. After switching to low-carb I look forward to food but have lost the craving. No more snacking after evening meal!

*EDIT* Erm, but last night I had strawberries and cream at 10pm. They were already overripe and the cream was 3 days old so it had to be done ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am T2 and could eat all day , is this a common symptom of T2 ?

Chicken and egg for me.
I used to eat all day.
I got used to eating all day.
I was diagnosed.
I stopped eating all day, I dropped it to 800 to 1200 calories, low GI/GL, lost 4 1/2 stone, and took up exercise.
I very quickly lost the habit of simply eating for the sake of it.

I think it was easier after a couple of days, as you retrain your stomach not to continuously expect food.

abdul7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
yes better if eat on time & eat in 6 parts of day like 9am brkfast, 11am 1 or 2 biscuits ,1pm lunch,4pm anything small fruit small like apple or avocado,
6pm or 7pm anything salad etc,9pm dinner ,sleeping time a glass of milk.
if you are doing this regular in 10 to 15 days you will get this habit and after if you skip also sometimes your meal it will be normal for you.
do not eat too much.n when you feel hungry eat little anything just little.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Chicken and egg for me.
I used to eat all day.
I got used to eating all day.
I was diagnosed.
I stopped eating all day, I dropped it to 800 to 1200 calories, low GI/GL, lost 4 1/2 stone, and took up exercise.
I very quickly lost the habit of simply eating for the sake of it.

I think it was easier after a couple of days, as you retrain your stomach not to continuously expect food.
Good evening to my fave low GI person! I saw you claiming to be lchf on another thread! :D Although I suspect that you might have been being a bit sarky!:rolleyes: Can't wait till I get to the 4 1/2 St mark!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good evening to my fave low GI person! I saw you claiming to be lchf on another thread! :D Although I suspect that you might have been being a bit sarky!:rolleyes: Can't wait till I get to the 4 1/2 St mark!

It was proved to me by other posters that I am indeed a member of your club apparently. So who am I to argue?

As to the weight loss, you're doing really well, so keep at it, it's all going the right way,

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
tanks for all your helpful replies
I hardly eat any carbs, nothing refined at all , but lot s of nuts vegies fruit and berries the fact that I eat little protein may be one reason for my constant hunger . also I am very active .

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
tanks for all your helpful replies
I hardly eat any carbs, nothing refined at all , but lot s of nuts vegies fruit and berries the fact that I eat little protein may be one reason for my constant hunger . also I am very active .
Sounds like you need to up your fat content. What about cheese?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You really need to work out how many calories you're consuming, how many you need, with the exercise you're doing, and then you'll have a better picture of it.
Depending on how many nuts you're eating , they are a source of protein, and fat, and a large amount of calories.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's wrong with the Glycaemic Index. GI diet books are all the rage, but the GI is actually not that useful after all. This video lists some of the GI's anomalies and errors which are exploited by health professionals and diet book writers to mislead and misinform.

at best, it's said to be a modest improvement
American diabetic association ( http://www.professional.diabetes.org/)
http://www.professional.diabetes.org/admin/UserFiles/0 - Sean/dc132042 FINAL.pdf
Glycemic index and glycemic load
Substituting low–glycemic load foods for higher–glycemic load foods may modestly improve glycemic control.

Last edited by a moderator:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good video.
Thankfully, my BG meter hasn't seen it, as it always tells me a different story.
They're the only numbers that matter to me, not the number of internet links I can quote.

That's why it's important to learn for yourself, test with a meter, and create a diet you can live with, rather than get fixated on internet quotes 24/7.