To sleep, perchance to dream...?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having to stay in school til you've passed all your exams is about as bad a nightmare I can imagine!

I find it amazing that you can meet people and be in 'familiar' places, and feel that you know them, even if you've never encountered them before! And that they can recur, over lengths of time.

Last night's thrilling contribution (probably triggered by this thread!) was the dog's kidnap and the frantic search we made for him. We knew he had been kidnapped by a child from the carnival, and some of the carnies were helping with the search. All very fraught, and I woke up without finding him.

What a relief to hear his gentle snortles coming from the corner of the bedroom!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol. I have had lots of different types of dreams, when I remember one that I can actually share with you all, I will!

Reactions: 2 people

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a dream I was in the middle of an ocean....on this massive stone structure that was like a giant defense type thing...not really sure how to describe it...but part of it turned around and sloped down towards the sea where I was told by someone who I never saw but could sense...that more of it was submerged. The color of the rock was grey. I got to the edge of where the water was and got scared. I remember looking across the sea and was told telepathically that I couldn't cross it because it was dangerous. Actually that's when I got frightened and turned back and started to walk back. The sea was deep blue and quite choppy. There was a male presence with me but I never saw him, I could just feel his presence and

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I had a dream last night that I got a piano, but every time I tried to play a song there was no sound coming out of the **** thing. Very odd!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Wish I could dream up the winning lottery numbers .
Then I can get my forever bungalow home built .

C

chris lowe

If I win squillions, I'll give you a helping hand. Most of the messages I get from lottery central are " congratulations, we've got news about your lottery tieck" then when I log in it's about £6.30. Should I let them them know they've missed off all the 000000000's :joyful:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I don't very often remember dreams but if I remember one when I wake up it's gone within an hour.

That's just old age ;) I'm off now...........................................................................................................:oops:

RRB :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last nights dream was a strange concoction

At school (although it was not my old school, and I was grown up). We were all tackling Shakespeare, in Latin, and the one 13 yr old student was doing better, faster, stronger than any of us old timers (15+). Linda Bellingham was there, stunning, very healthy, and excited about graduating and moving on :). I woke up, with a smile on my face, as we all booked into a fancy hotel to celebrate something. No idea what.

I seem to be a dream-sponge, absorbing all your dream-posts, the news, witter at work, and recycling it in the next dream sequence. :happy:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol I retired after 40 years of teaching 18 months ago but...... Nearly every night since I have dreamed I have been in a school or teaching a class. The other night I woke up really worried as I had left a Class on its own for 30 minutes when I thought a TA said she was taking the class.

Reactions: 3 people

desidiabulum

One constantly recurring feature of my dreams for years was a luxury hotel that I had apparently stayed at in an Asian capital city. I would often end up visiting it in my dreams -- sitting in the lobby, talking to the staff behind the desk, travelling in the wonderful spacious lifts to my room on the fifth floor. I know every inch of the place. Then I suddenly realized a month ago (when awake) that the place actually doesn't exist -- I never stayed in it, never saw it, the district that I place it in doesn't exist either. I have created the hotel and all the furnishings and people out of nothing and have just been constantly elaborating the details over the years. The sad thing is that since I realized this I haven't dreamt of it again. A shame -- I really liked the place and the people there

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Still within the dream topic here .
I used to have many more vivid wilder dreams whilst
using the porcine insulin.

Would wake up knackered and frazzled in the morning
with all the very active brain activity during my sleep :banghead:

Now I am back on levemir my dreams are fewer and less
intense .

Often wondered if pigs dreamt a lot ?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If I win squillions, I'll give you a helping hand. Most of the messages I get from lottery central are " congratulations, we've got news about your lottery tieck" then when I log in it's about £6.30. Should I let them them know they've missed off all the 000000000's :joyful:
You can give it a whirl chris - ;)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can do this but it is always last weeks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B was in prison last night (white painted breeze block with long corridors and Perspex roofing). No idea what his crime had been.

We (my entire family) trecked for miles along a corridor, then sat at children's primary school sized seating, in the visiting room.

Agonising not to be able to hug him properly, AND there were tarantulas occupying a corner of the room and exploring...

Not a good one.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The night before last I dreamt that I had some land which I agreed to rent out to someone I knew. We shook hands to seal the agreement, then I remembered that there was already someone renting it from me. I was brought up in a community where a handshake was a contract, yet I was already renting to the first person. lol I think the dream might have been about loyalty! Unfortunately I woke up before making a decision..........maybe I'll have another dream to continue this soon, I hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My worst dream was I was walking along the embankment in London towards Big Ben. On the other side of the river was my sister waving to me. I waved back and was trying to have some conversation with her. In my dream the river didn't seem too wide but she carried on waving and walking.
After what seemed minutes my whole body starting having what I can only recall as pins and needles starting from my toes and slowly working it's way up through my body. As this feeling was getting closer and closer to my throat I became totally paralysed and could no longer wave in my sleep to my sister and lost her in all the confusion. The only thing I could do was to try and wake myself up as I was having trouble breathing!
The next morning I had a call from one of my sisters neighbours telling me that sadly my sister was found dead at home!
That feeling of pins and needles running through the whole of my body was so surreal I felt so relax and could of easily gone with it but glad I managed to pull myself out of it and wake myself up.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My worst dream was I was walking along the embankment in London towards Big Ben. On the other side of the river was my sister waving to me. I waved back and was trying to have some conversation with her. In my dream the river didn't seem too wide but she carried on waving and walking.
After what seemed minutes my whole body starting having what I can only recall as pins and needles starting from my toes and slowly working it's way up through my body. As this feeling was getting closer and closer to my throat I became totally paralysed and could no longer wave in my sleep to my sister and lost her in all the confusion. The only thing I could do was to try and wake myself up as I was having trouble breathing!
The next morning I had a call from one of my sisters neighbours telling me that sadly my sister was found dead at home!
That feeling of pins and needles running through the whole of my body was so surreal I felt so relax and could of easily gone with it but glad I managed to pull myself out of it and wake myself up.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear of your news regarding your sister, I never expected to read that at the end. How did you react to the sad news regarding your dream ? I would imagine you must of been in shock.:(

With kind regards and best wishes RRB