Sweets

princessleia29

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any sugar free sweets that don't cause wind?! I was diagnosed about 4 months ago but I can't find any sweets that don't cause this side effect and I miss having sweets :( help!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
have one real sweet? or make your own LC ones ..all the 'sugar free' ones are rubbish
google LC treats

cocoa powder, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, broken blanched almonds, dried fruit...vanilla concentrate and peppermint essence..mix it all together and roll into balls and in extra coconut...

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chewing gum? U can get sugar free in loads of flavours. It's my saviour

princessleia29

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I do have sugar free gum which I really like its just times when my partner or son are eating things I can't have I wish I had something I could have I love the werthers original sugar free sweets but they don't react well with me! :(

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This would be better for summer, but ice cubes made with sugar free squash?

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you don't mind making your own, i put a recipe for chocolate truffles on the recipes forum, simple to make and really rich. Not sugar free as it includes dark chocolate but my sugars still went down after I had a couple of them. (i had them two hours after tea as an evening treat as my BS was only 7.5 and two hours later it was down to 5.5 so no really problem), just don't eat them all at once that would put your levels up.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
have one real sweet? or make your own LC ones ..all the 'sugar free' ones are rubbish
google LC treats

cocoa powder, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, broken blanched almonds, dried fruit...vanilla concentrate and peppermint essence..mix it all together and roll into balls and in extra coconut...
But take care with dried fruit as it can be much heavier in sugar than the fresh versions. (Dried figs and apricots are my not very often eaten and very evil sweet treats! :D)

Check our low carb recipes as I think there's a recipe there for low carb "Bounty Bars". If not try Google for it.

Robbity

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This would be better for summer, but ice cubes made with sugar free squash?

I remember my mum doing this with an ice lolly mould & chemist D squash when i was a kid..! Lol

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you like marshmallows Sainsburys make a sugar free version which are OK.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Berries and whipped cream and some dark chocolate shavings.

Never tried it but it sounds like reasonably low carb high fat

draddog1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took my kids into mollies a couple months ago and saw a big section of sugar free pic n mix! It tastes all right!

alliebee

Werthers original sugar free version don't raise me at all ..and don't give me tummy troubles either. And they are carb free!

A

AnnieC

I buy sugar free sweets from Aldi lots of different flavours and mints, Holland and Barrett do sugar free sweets as well. Some people find they give them tummy problems but have not had any effect on mine

alliebee

I tested first on any new sweets. Before and after at 30 mins 1 hr and 2 hr...if no blip on the meter enjoy. But beware some do really give you tummy probs if you eat more tham one or two

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Werthers original sugar free version don't raise me at all ..and don't give me tummy troubles either. And they are carb free!

Found some caramelised apple version in Morrisons in little 42g boxes. 2.8g carbs per sweet but no effect on my numbers or my movements :-D

gymbob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes patients Dezire delivers to you, for the First Time in the Nation, a whole range of Sugar-Less, Low Glycemic products only for Diabetes patients and Wellness Viewers. Dezire is an perfect choice for all those who want to sustain their and still appreciate the benefits of life.
Have you been lurking around waiting to promote your product? I'd so, please go the whole hog and tell us where to get it!