Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Has your payment been taken @jodysd6 ?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck all you guys. I only ordered today so mega-Xcitement later this week.

Reactions: 3 people

jodysd6

Yes, earlier this evening it came out if paypal, they have taken the full amount though and no sign of the credit yet.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mmm mine cleared yesterday but paid the edited / correct price straight off may be due to that

jodysd6

That's a bit annoying really, not that I'm not happy for you that yours will arrive tomorrow but i ordered early and it's not my fault they got the price wrong, so they have taken more money and not refunded any yet and I haven't heard anymore shipping information. :(

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't have mine yet !! They tell me it will be here tomorrow

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to go onto chronopost's website (I just googled it) and track your parcel using the tracking number on your email, then when it shows the 'partner number' copy the number part only and use that on the DPD tracking site (again I just googled the site) - it'lll then show where you parcel is

I have had no second email about delivery but tried @Minnie45 advice and dpd say mine will be delivered tomorrow (I placed my order online on Saturday late afternoon). I think the communication seems to be lacking currently Re tracking updates. Also my cash hasn't come out of the bank?!

Reactions: 2 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have only had the one email but again followed the advice given to find the information pictured for those with no emails have you contacted Abbott or signed in to your account to check that emails are correct / not going to junk mail ?

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would also hope that their online training webinars will become available soon also, seeing as it seems quite a lot of us will start using the product in the next couple of days!

jodysd6

I checked junk folders and not in there, I got an email about the price error though and can log in to my account so I know the email address is right and it says dispatched on the website just no email, so no tracking number!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Definately apprehensive about that 1st sensor I suspect incorrect insertion will not warrant a free replacement

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@jodysd6 - same with me - they've debited full amount from PayPal but no credit back. I've just emailed them to see when they will credit back. I have had one email saying dispatched but on dpd tracking system it says tomorrow. I won't be in so I'll have to try to sort something out for later in week.

Smidge

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I phoned them earlier and they said debits will take 3 - 5 days. I've had debits pending in PayPal for days before.

Hopefully they get these issues ironed out soon. It they had sense they'd be on here reading this thread!

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Definately apprehensive about that 1st sensor I suspect incorrect insertion will not warrant a free replacement
I bought some micro pore tape that I can wrap around my arm and the sensor in case the sensor doesn't stick.
I say arm - is that where everyone is going to place it - I tend to sleep on my side so I can't see it staying in place for long.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm thinking underside of arm just above the t shirt sleeve I believe this is ok good idea on the micropore tape I may dart to the chemist on way home provided delivery man has been of. Course

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The Abbott Navigator glue for their sensor was not good at sticking for 5 days.

The sensor was easy to put in with the inserter. Remembering to take off the paper covering the glue first!

Abbott were quite adamant that only specific things were used to keep the sensor stuck down. They sent me a huge sample of a thing they recommended. I cannot recall now what it was. They would not entertain the idea of a tubigrip tube over the top of it that I use to keep my actual pump in place on my arm.

There was a chap at Abbott that I dealt with constantly for my cgm problems.

Abbott should advise users of any products they recommend to keep the sensors stuck down for two weeks with this new sensor.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413929953.311957.jpg

The difficulty with the cgm sensor was taking the top piece off because the little clip was so tiny to undo.

finney

I met someone with a three day old Libre on Friday. It was about half the size of an iPhone and had a very clear screen. She just touched the sensor on her arm and got an immediate BG reading. She was happy with the accuracy as an indicator of what was going on. I shall wait and see how you all get on. good luck. Tricia

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could we not use a big plaster over it?

I think I might find the feeling of the patch annoying at first but I'm sure we'll get used to it