Hello

khongsamita

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am Samita Ong from Malaysia. I only registered myself as a member only a couple of days ago and only knew of Type 2 diabetes condition in mid August.
This morning after my brisk walking/jogging for 50 minutes, I did my blood sugar level which was surprisingly very high --- 15.9. It was a shock as all the while my FBS readings were between 4.0 to 6.2. Before I did my exercise, i drank a glass of overnight soaked okra water. Around 12.45 pm, I did another test and it was 8.1. Can anyone explain for this sudden high reading as my reading for last night around 10.20 pm was only 7.1. i noticed that whenever I exercised in the morning, the level tended to be high. Can someone share his experiences with me. Thanks in advance.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
everyone is more resistant to insulin in the morning..............and for diabetics this means higher blood sugars.........

when exercising high, your muscles will be unable to take up glucose from the blood stream and I think this can actually result in further liver dumping as it believes no fuel is available.........

are you on medication.....?

do you test your blood sugar immediately before the exercise.......?

Reactions: 3 people

khongsamita

Type of diabetes
Type 2
everyone is more resistant to insulin in the morning..............and for diabetics this means higher blood sugars.........

when exercising high, your muscles will be unable to take up glucose from the blood stream and I think this can actually result in further liver dumping as it believes no fuel is available.........

are you on medication.....?

do you test your blood sugar immediately before the exercise.......?

Thanks for your detailed explanation.
I have exercised twice before and on both occasions I did pre n post testings and the level did increase after the exercise but not to yesterday's extent. However I did not carry out the pre-exercise yesterday thinking that it would rise but not to that figure.
Yes, I am on medication ...metaformin 500mg twice daily. Due to frequent low level (<4.0) on several occasions, the doctor stopped pescribing Gliciazide 40mg twice daily before meals which was on 9 October. Since then, my daily sugar readings were well within the normal range of 4.0-6.2 for a diabetic except when I had supper, it went up to 7.0 - 8.5 on 2 occasions.
I still carry out the sugar tests twice - FBS in the morning and at night around 10.00 pm.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Best wishes RRB