A personal Journal

Him indoors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Guys & Gals

First up I would like to thank everyone for their tips and advice,since I last posted Ive been reading and then some,taking it all in slowly but surely,so I thought I would start a personal journal for anyone wanting to watch my progress back to being a healthy type 2 diabetic instead of the lazy slob that signed up a few days ago.

So last Monday I began my new diet,must say at this point a big thanks to my other half who has been a great help,she,s a member of slimming world and has been keeping me on the straight and narrow,no chocolate,crisps,takeawys,cola,nothing bad at all..apart from 1 slice of brown hovis bread now and again.

I weighed in at 19.8 stone last week and today Im now at 19.1,so a loss of 7lb in the first week..happy days! Ive also been on my exercise bike daily and doing 10k (6 miles) thats hard work but I will crack on..

I had my blood test done Wednesday but still no results as of this morning,its the next one I will be interested in,my sugar levels are more stable,not bang on however yesterday I kept them below 10.00 all day long and thats a first in 5 years for me so was delighted with that.

Last bite to eat was 9pm last night and its now 9am (is this called fasting) ? and they are 10.6 so loadsa room for improvement here,only had one cracker and cheese last night and 1 slice of a tiny hovis brown bread also with cheese.

Breakfast:

2 rashers of bacon
1 x fried egg (frylite)
mushrooms & tomatoes
1 x small slice of brown bread.

Took my 5mg of Glibenclamide before hand and so begins another week. Will post everything I eat worts and all,wish me luck.

:)

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good luck, sounds a great start, get those figures where you want them, and keep posting back on here.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck.

I kept such a journal, still do, and found it a great help in regaining glycemic control.

I hope it works for you too.

Pavlos

Him indoors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys,appreciate your support,I decided to have it all down on paper so to speak,just to look back on in the future and maybe help someone along the way.

So after breakfast and a 10k bike run its been 2 hours exactly and Ive just tested my levels and it was 8.6 :) Only other thing Ive had was a 500ml bottle of water.

Next up is my lunch,will report back after that.

Thanks again.

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hope your good progress continues :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done so far. This blog will be good motivation for you. I hope you continue to progress.