Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck Kimbo I'm sure you'll be fine! (If it was me I'd be on the phone or down reception tomorrow afternoon or Friday never mind wait over the weekend ;)).

6.1 here, better than yesterday anyway.
That is actually my nature too rod, but I'm actually wanting to SEE my dn's response?!!:p

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i once had a reading of 8.9 first thing in the morning

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 before dinner
Couldn't do after reading as had very late dinner so slept
5.6 fasting

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very nasty 7 for me this morning. Had half an apple at bedtime but was at 5.8 after 1hr so didn't retest at 2. I had a shaky turn in the afternoon and was 3.7 and felt very similar at 1 during the night but didn't test so whether it is a rebound from that or whether I'm just reacting to the weekend's flu jab as I do feel a bit snuffy. Will have to try and keep to low low carbs as best I can today.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still excellent numbers though, Pavlos. Don't beat yourself up, probably just a blip due to hidden stress or changing weather or similar.

Thanks @Bluetit1802

As I said I have been spoilt by recent counts that have been lower. You are right though, there is nothing that wrong with today's numbers either.

I was not really that concerned about them but it did strike me as odd that they were out of line with recent experience.

Trying to guess why our numbers move the way they do can be an exercise in futility sometimes.

I guess the best we can do is try to manage what we have control over, eat well and exercise regularly and try to put what we have little control over, out of mind.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 fasting.
Had an extra 3 hours in bed today. The flu not completely gone.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A very nasty 7 for me this morning. Had half an apple at bedtime but was at 5.8 after 1hr so didn't retest at 2. I had a shaky turn in the afternoon and was 3.7 and felt very similar at 1 during the night but didn't test so whether it is a rebound from that or whether I'm just reacting to the weekend's flu jab as I do feel a bit snuffy. Will have to try and keep to low low carbs as best I can today.

It could be the flu jab as you say. I hope you put it out of your mind as one of those blips, and that you feel better soon.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be the flu jab as you say. I hope you put it out of your mind as one of those blips, and that you feel better soon.

thanks. Yes I'm sure it's just one of those things- lots of factors at play that are out of my control so will just keep plugging away at diet and exercise.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning, so towards the upper end of my personal range, so all's good.

Today looks like so much of a better day than yesterday. I have a bit of tidying to do outside as the trees seems to have had a fast-track liberation of some of their beautiful autumn leaves. Never mind, the exercise will do me good.

Play nicely everyone. Life is good. :)

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning . Husbands birthday yesterday and I had a piece of his birthday cake (chocolate fudge) naughty but so nice !!

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,9 this morning.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414042815.392044.jpg

Have a great day everyone

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.5 grrr - when's the weekend

Reactions: 5 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 fasting. Had flu jab last night hope BG continue to stay within personal target ranges.

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning - off to work I go soon, have decided (thanks ROD!) I shall be ringing for my hbA1c results after midday today instead of waiting for Monday's appointment!! I shall still go for the review of course but realised I NEED to know before !!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.