Me again :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello me again.....feeling like I am falling apart at the moment! I am not sure if this is related to my tiredness or what not but I have been feeling nauseous alot lately....I am not pregnant I have done two tests lol! Anyway it seems to get worse when I eat...no matter what I eat....but I am fine well okayish if I have a drink...no matter what the drink is! I am still waiting for my blood test results and I am not actually back at the Doctor's till the 5th! I am just so fed up....

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had same feeling lately but for me I get nauseous any time for a few minutes and then I am fine. I get dizzy too so much so that I need to sit at times and sometimes I have both the things at same time.

May be it's a bug?

D

Deleted member 83869

I have had same feeling lately but for me I get nauseous any time for a few minutes and then I am fine. I get dizzy too so much so that I need to sit at times and sometimes I have both the things at same time.

May be it's a bug?
Mine can't be a bug because it has been going on for way too long! I don't just have to eat to feel nauseous though its weird

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not all bugs disappear within a few days and some stay until firmly dealt with but I agree, it could be one of several other things and your bloods should reveal what.

If you are getting undernourished, you will feel tired and, probably cold too. Hunger can also make you feel sick. Since you can drink a little try some foody type drinks, thin soups to begin with or a thin gruel which was traditionally given to ill people because it was easy to digest.

D

Deleted member 83869

Not all bugs disappear within a few days and some stay until firmly dealt with but I agree, it could be one of several other things and your bloods should reveal what.

If you are getting undernourished, you will feel tired and, probably cold too. Hunger can also make you feel sick. Since you can drink a little try some foody type drinks, thin soups to begin with or a thin gruel which was traditionally given to ill people because it was easy to digest.

I still force a meal down me if I can but I then feel worse it's annoying it's been about a month or so now though! And the tiredness is an on going thing! :(

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well you have my sympathies. It is annoying that you have to wait until the 5th. My wife works in the blood sciences lab in the hospital and they run a 24 hours shift. In fact, she's asleep now having done an 8pm til 8am shift. They turn the bloods around within 12 to 24 hours so it is especially annoying that your results will probably be at the GPs and they are just sitting on them.

When you do see the GP, get a copy of the results. You may like to get a 2nd opinion.

D

Deleted member 83869

Well you have my sympathies. It is annoying that you have to wait until the 5th. My wife works in the blood sciences lab in the hospital and they run a 24 hours shift. In fact, she's asleep now having done an 8pm til 8am shift. They turn the bloods around within 12 to 24 hours so it is especially annoying that your results will probably be at the GPs and they are just sitting on them.

When you do see the GP, get a copy of the results. You may like to get a 2nd opinion.

Thank you! I have just managed to have some toast because my blood was low even though won't bring me up straight away it does the trick! I am going to the doctors on the 31st to see the GP but thats for my MRI results, I am seeing the Nurse for these as my GP was no good with it! But I am going to pop into the doctors on Friday and see if they are in and to get them to print them!

iHs

Hope the blood results are ok but if not, then the results may relate to the way you are feeling. Do speak about the nausea to the nurse or GP.

D

Deleted member 83869

Hope the blood results are ok but if not, then the results may relate to the way you are feeling. Do speak about the nausea to the nurse or GP.
I mentioned it to the nurse when I was there and her first thought was pregnancy but I had done a test prior to seeing her then another after seeing her and then a day after I had my period! Hmph I just hope something shows! I will get the results Friday post them on here and see what happens! And then atleast I know what to expect when I see her!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Definitely worth seeing your gp about if things don't improve, if your Dr struggles to find the cause of your nausea they may refer you over to be seen in the Gastroenterology clinic at your local hospital, whatever you do Nicola don't let it go on too long before seeking medical advice.

D

Deleted member 83869

Definitely worth seeing your gp about if things don't improve, if your Dr struggles to find the cause of your nausea they may refer you over to be seen in the Gastroenterology clinic at your local hospital, whatever you do Nicola don't let it go on too long before seeking medical advice.
oh yay another thing lol! I honestly feel like I am falling apart...this is all been since my control has improved :( but yes I know! Thank you! :)

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I'm so sorry you are feeling so rough atm. I think once you get your results you will feel better. I would ring you drs. Ask casually if she would read out your results over the phone and say you wish to be prepared with questions for your nurse if she hesitates.. I think you will feel better knowing. Anxiety can make people feel v nauseous. If it doesn't settle v soon you need to see your gp. Hope this helps. We can help you understand your results. Just write them down hba1c =?...well done on control

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Also when you first start to cut carbs ( for me it was week 5 to 7 I felt v wobbly dizzy and weak. I wasn't drinking enough and my salt was v v low..when you first low carb. You lose a lot of body salts electrolytes. And potassium. Eat more salt and also eat enough fat. In dressings olive oil cheese a little cream. It worked for me. Almost straight away. I drank bovril.weakness gone by next day. Hope this helps

D

Deleted member 83869

Also when you first start to cut carbs ( for me it was week 5 to 7 I felt v wobbly dizzy and weak. I wasn't drinking enough and my salt was v v low..when you first low carb. You lose a lot of body salts electrolytes. And potassium. Eat more salt and also eat enough fat. In dressings olive oil cheese a little cream. It worked for me. Almost straight away. I drank bovril.weakness gone by next day. Hope this helps
Thank you! I'm not low carbing as such though due to money! I am not eating loads and loads of junk but I am not going like major low carb if you get what i mean! x