My best results ever!!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya,

I just wanted to share what a fabulous day I had yesterday with my BS tests....these are the lowest results I have ever had... especially for the pre breakfast reading which is usually around 9.2...

Before Breakfast 7.6 - 1 large Spicy Pork Sausage with cream cheese and 1 bread stick
After Breakfast 7.7

Before Lunch 5.2 - Green Salad with coleslaw and roast chicken
After Lunch 5.8

Before Dinner 5.2 - Salmon with ginger & garlic and large portion of broccoli
After Dinner 5.1

(followed by dessert 2 hrs later of Strawberries & blackberries with cream and 1oz chopped nuts)

Woo hoo I'm taking control and it feels fabulous.
Kerry

Reactions: 19 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good feeling isn't it Kerry! Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! Well done you!

Are your after meal readings 2 hours after?

If so that's great recovery!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for your kind replies... its good to meet a group of people who have gone or are going through the same things as me, you have all really helped me with all your postings and comments. I now make a point of coming on here every morning and getting my dose of motivation by reading as many posts as I can. I'm learning something new every day!

@VinnyJames - yes my readings are 2 hours after each meal. I only test more if I start to feel a little unwell, by that I mean I seem to get a kind of pressure headache when my bloods go too high or too low after a meal.. its a strange feeling that I didn't have before I starting eating to my meter.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ut oh - think I celebrated too soon... this morning when I woke i was 6.8 but I obviously took too long getting ready for work and by the time I was ready for breakfast it went up to 8.3. 2hrs after breakfast I was 10.3 ahhhhhhh I must kick this old habit of low fat yoghurt grrrr it is definitely killing me. lol

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Wow you are an inspiration to us all, keep it up, and thanks for the encouragement

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What excellent results. :happy:

And I like the sound of that salmon!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kezzer4321 Yes, definitely post your recipe for the salmon please!!

And congratulations on your best day ever, hopefully you'll have many more. Don't let bad days get you down, as you now know how well you can do. Liver dumps and low fat yoghurt are rather good deflaters of ego aren't they!!:(

Robbity

PS Is you avatar a little border terrier? I used to see a lovely little pair called Porky and Butch 30 odd years ago at dog training classes - their elderly male owner was so proud of them and kept them in immaculate condition. I was the only other person in the class who could tell them apart!