Anything is possible even with diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have been diabetic since I was 22 months old. While I was growing up I was constantly told that I would not be able to do curtain things due to being diabetic. During my entire life it has been my goal to prove these people wrong and I have managed to do it in most forms from winning national championships and competing in international events to getting my paragliding pilots license and managing my diabetes whilst doing sports such as deep water diving. I am currently planning on cycling around the world to raise awareness and hopefully funds for diabetes research. I currently have a website dedicated to this cause. It is a bit outdated but I do try to update my facebook and twitter accounts as often as possible with news and findings that I have.

I also have some useful stories on the website that I hope people will find useful. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Also follow me or like my page to get what I am doing to try and get to my goals.

At the moment I have postponed my around the world trip as unfortunately we all have to work for a living and I have been posted to Myanmar (Burma) but I am planning a trip through South East Asia at the completion of my contract.

See: www.theotherwayround.com

Reactions: 2 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's great.
I'm a lot older than you and was diagnosed at an older age too so my challenges aren't quite in your league but I totally agree with your philosophy.

Reactions: 2 people