BS readings

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i love chips, potatoes, sweet things, bread lol
i love mince, sausages,fish and most vegetables

Same here Ally,;) but those are the types of food that put us in this position in the first place, so we must make an effort to find other good foods to eat with our vegetables such as chicken, fish, and meat. It is hard, but it can be done. You could even vary your lunch time salads by including cheese, tinned tuna or salmon, ham, maybe a few prawns from time to time. Have you had time to read that thread yet?

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I agree. Read the "what did you eat today?" Thread. That's where I got my ideas from. And the thread "low carb recipes"... both in low carb forum. Brilliant information. It is why today I got a fasting of 7.3. And pre lunch 5.6 and post lunch 6.5....by following what other people were doing. Ie tuna fish mashed with mayo
Cauli mash. Sprouts fried with bacon. Sweet treats too

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, and alliebee i,m on my way to look at the thread

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

I'm so happy for you Ally. What you have achieved from those high readings already is wonderful..I bet you are so proud of yourself...Mine were in the teens but yours were so much higher. I think you're amazing

alliebee

I can give you a nice alternative to chips. I cut up a celeriac root into chips. Boiled for a few mins then drained into a bowl. Added olive oil and salt and rubbed that all over the chips. Then I spread them on a baking sheet.and popped into the oven. They were scrummy and had fried eggs and piece of gammon. Didn't raise me more than 1 post meal honestly they are really nice

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you bluetit and alliebee
its the help and support from here that has really helped me

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

But you are doing all the hard work I know...it can feel so hard sometimes to get your head round it all. And then a whole new way of eating..I so agree the help and support on here has been a godsend for me...thank god for the internet and kind people...did you get some good ideas from the thread? I also loved the low carb recipe thread. Some nice baking ideas there. Esp my beloved chocolate 3 min cake made in the microwave. Its got no flour in just ground almonds.butter cocoa splenda baking powder and eggs. Stir it all up in a little tupperware bowl and nuke it for 2 mins. Lovely with cream for times you fancy a treat...v low carb too...it doesn't spike me at all. And we all need sweet treats sometimes...:)
If you enter search with chocolate paradise thread. There are some brilliant recipes.
Another of my faves is the egg frittata. I have it hot for breakfast and some more with a salad at lunch...just any veggies you fancy say spring onions and mushrooms or even left over veg. Beat it all up with eggs and salt n pepper...and just let it cook and set on the hob...ready in no time and only one pan to wash up with enough for 3 meals!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i did an experiment, see ask a question about tea, ate exactly the same meal for tea and lunch, to see if my readings were the same but tea was higher, i was expecting the same results

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
alliebee i had the same amount for tea then i did for lunch

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
beetroot, corned beef, tomatoes, egg, small piece of cheese
morning reading 9.7
i,m away for a couple of days

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
beetroot, corned beef, tomatoes, egg, small piece of cheese
morning reading 9.7
i,m away for a couple of days

Enjoy your time away Ally. Thanks for letting us know.