DSN visit today.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I was at the diabetes day center for a two week review. The DSN who seen me today was very pleased with my progress so far. She didn't make any changes to my dosage because she was happy enough with the readings. I'm not though, They are low but I wont be happy until I can get them down to the 5's and keep them there. I'll be able to do this once I get rid of all the bread and wheat products from my diet and exercising more. She took my BS before we did anything and it was 2.9, This was at 11.20am, I'd had breakfast at about 8:30am, I'd started to feel tired while i was waiting to be seen to....but that's all I put it down too. Anyways I was given some Lucozade (warm and flat!) :rolleyes: and it brought me back up to 4.2

I told her, that my readings were still quite high in the mornings...12-18mmol/L sometimes and that I wasn't eating after 5/6pm...For some reason I don't think she believed me and kept saying that if I'm snacking before bed it would cause this. Anyways she said I've to wake at 3am now and take my BS then ring next week with all my results. I'm up to 60kg now, was 49kg only 3 weeks ago. Best day of readings was Sunday.

B: 9.8
L: 8.4
D: 6.4
B 5.7

Getting there! :)