3 hypos in two days.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had 3 hypos in two days. Yesterday, on my way home from the shop on my bike, I got home and was 2.4mmol/L this morning at the Diabetes day center I was 2.8mmol/L and just this evening again I dropped to 2.8mmol/L. I find it weird because I've not altered the amount of insulin or ate less food in any of the cases. I took my BS before Dinner it was 6.1mmol/L and so I took my 12units of insulin and had my dinner. It was small fillet of fish (I removed the batter) Small portion of baked beans and two potato waffles. I also had about 50 odd grams of blueberries afterwards and....four sugar free biscuits. So that's quite a lot of carbs but then again not really anymore than I'd normally have as I'm trying to gain weight for the time being. So I was wondering what might be the cause of these...any ideas?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.
If you have one hypo it can create a "bouncing ball" effect where ur sugars are spiking and dipping with corrections.

How long have u been diabetic?

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8 years now, but I've only recently started to take charge of it and get it under control the last few weeks. I'll check out that bouncing ball effect, Thanks :)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah. Yep nurse on DAFNE told me about the bouncing ball. I always over correct mine with fast acting. So when u were showing 6.1 before dinner, it may have been from fast acting carbs from an earlier correction which then burned out too fast.
Hope that made sense, I'm not very good at explaining things :/

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Cycling is exercise and can lower levels as can just walking...