What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

Or google nut balls. Or fat bombs too...loads of recipes online. (Dribbles). Says in Homer voice " nuuuut baaalls "

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Vielen dank, dass sie meine freunde :pompous:

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I've just had a lightbulb moment....on lchf its got to be ok to have real homemade custard. Proper stuff with vanilla seeds and eggs and cream.....waits to be shot down........

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just had a lightbulb moment....on lchf its got to be ok to have real homemade custard. Proper stuff with vanilla seeds and eggs and cream.....waits to be shot down........

I would think so, although if you want it sweetened, you'd be into sweeteners, I guess.

alliebee

A tiny drop of stevia and some cinnamon. Oh does happy dance here. Its one treat once in a while. I don't really have a sweet tooth. Bread was my downfall

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Cheese dipper and Muller low fat Greek yoghurt (grr love this yoghurt but will never eat it again as it spiked my BS)
L - Salad with tomato, coleslaw, diced beetroot, olives and tuna with a dessert spoon of mayo
D - will be lamb steaks, with cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms and gravy made from stock cube, followed by Strawberries and cream around 9pm

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B Mushrooms in butter, tomato, fried bacon, poached eggs, coffee
L Soup incl bacon, leek, lentils, grated swede, red pepper softened in coconut oil plus sorrel, chicken stock cube, water; plus baked squares of cauli, buckwheat flour, olive oil, cheddar & beaten egg (bit like pizza base)
T Will be steamed salmon, broccoli, leek, butternut squash, sweet potato, runner beans and mushrooms in cream sauce. The sweet potato is a trial as I haven't had any since I started testing.

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Brekkie: 2 slices bacon, 2 medium fried eggs, mushrooms and 2 slices of Bergen soya & Linseed bread. (only needed the one really *SPIKE*)
Lunch: 100ml Greek yogurt and 10 blueberries. 3 homemade almond crackers with Mascarpone topping.
Dinner: Swedish meatballs with homemade sauce (Double cream-Mustard-Honey-Chicken stock & juices from pan) Mediterranean veg.
Strawberries and whipped double cream

Reactions: 6 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You've give me an idea I think I will try and make my own custard. I've modified my Carrot and Apple cake I'm happy once again, no spike not even a little........... I can do the jig, I will do the jig..... I did the jig.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've give me an idea I think I will try and make my own custard. I've modified my Carrot and Apple cake I'm happy once again, no spike not even a little........... I can do the jig, I will do the jig..... I did the jig.

do you have a recipe as that sounds something Mr E and I would both be able to enjoy?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast scrambled egg
lunch ham and veg soup from deli, slice turkey breast
dinner chilli, salad, half a taco shell; strawbs and yogurt

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thx AV for the nut ball answer, I can never remember what page it was on :)

B 2 x streaky bacon, 1 poached egg
L mushroom & cheese omelette with a pork & chilli spice thing (small but scorchingly hot)
D doner kebab no pitta
Few strawberries & cream
Snacked on 4 walnuts & 6 almonds
BG been great all day apart from pre bf so fairly pleased
( got dogs ashes back today, will scatter in garden come spring time & plant a tree, miss her but don't miss her hair, house is so easy to keep clean )

Reactions: 4 people

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brekkie: 2 slices bacon, 2 medium fried eggs, mushrooms and 2 slices of Bergen soya & Linseed bread. (only needed the one really *SPIKE*)
Lunch: 100ml Greek yogurt and 10 blueberries. 3 homemade almond crackers with Mascarpone topping.
Dinner: Swedish meatballs with homemade sauce (Double cream-Mustard-Honey-Chicken stock & juices from pan) Mediterranean veg.
Strawberries and whipped double cream
Meatball sauce was to die for. I had 6 chips with it:bigtears: hoping BS are not to bad, pre meal 5.2 Yey!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thx AV for the nut ball answer, I can never remember what page it was on :)

B 2 x streaky bacon, 1 poached egg
L mushroom & cheese omelette with a pork & chilli spice thing (small but scorchingly hot)
D doner kebab no pitta
Few strawberries & cream
Snacked on 4 walnuts & 6 almonds
BG been great all day apart from pre bf so fairly pleased
( got dogs ashes back today, will scatter in garden come spring time & plant a tree, miss her but don't miss her hair, house is so easy to keep clean )

Standard Poodle next time, then? Or a Bedlington? Both great dogs.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast:
(Wheetbix x4)
Cup of scald

Lunch:
Few slices of roast chicken
Blueberries and Blackberries mixed in natural yoghurt.

Dinner:
Small portion of coddle.

alliebee

Well it depends if you are irish or not. Lol. Many different recipes. But often onions potatoes bacon sausage in a type of casserole. She put whatever was around. I used to try and make it for my kids but it never tasted like she did. She used bones for stock and milk too parsley and goodness knows what. And if I was ever poorly it put me smiling again

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Sausage and egg for brekkie.
Nuts and cheese.
Sausage and lentil casserole.
2 squares of 70% dark choccie!

Status
Not open for further replies.