One week on and still struggling

alliebee

Hi again @kingshussar. Just wanted to say good luck with the surgery. I'm a theatre sister and promise you us lot will take the greatest care of you. Any questions feel free to pm me...
Also to tell you about sukrin bread mix. Just add water very very good
I got mine online

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Was diagnosed a week ago, on Saturday my codefree meter arrived, yesterday Sunday I started to test. Morning pre meal reading was 7.3 (Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms, 2 medium eggs and 1 slice of the small Burgen loaf.) post meal 2 hrs later 7.6
Skipped lunch?
Sunday dinner was Roast pork (crackling Mmmm) roasted med vegetables and 2 roasted potatoes pre meal 7.1
post meal 8.1 (I suspect spuds?)

This morning pre meal 7.6 Breakfast same as above.

On Saturday when I first received the meter, I tested and my reading was 6.1, so it is rising- could it be stress? I know it is early days but I am not the most patient of people and I am finding it very difficult to eat just high fat (I will persevere) I tried a cake with whipped cream and strawberry using a recipe with almond flour, the fruit and cream were great, the cake mixture was pretty tasteless and I miss bread, toast etc, slightly off piste, I think I am rambling...................

Really, Really hard and depressing. If anyone knows a decent bread recipe? Also tried Cauliflower mash YUK!

Is there hope????

Going for a lie down:arghh:

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
firstly dont skip Lunches, eat what you like exspecially sunday lunches mmm what i do daily i go for a walk into town that reduces the readings big style,.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
firstly dont skip Lunches, eat what you like exspecially sunday lunches mmm what i do daily i go for a walk into town that reduces the readings big style,.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be telling him to eat what he likes! You are a Type 1 on insulin, so have far more leeway with food. @kingshussar is a Type 2 and needs a suitable diet of reduced carbs to control his blood sugars. If only we Type 2's could eat what we like! Sadly, that is what got most of us here in the first place.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be telling him to eat what he likes! You are a Type 1 on insulin, so have far more leeway with food. @kingshussar is a Type 2 and needs a suitable diet of reduced carbs to control his blood sugars. If only we Type 2's could eat what we like! Sadly, that is what got most of us here in the first place.

Quite.

Reactions: 4 people