Approved Insulin pen survey!

aharbison100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

I'm a diabetic currently studying at university and I'm thinking of a way of making diabetes outside the house easier! I've created a survey to gather useful information so see if you guys share the same views as me! I'm hoping to create a new insulin pen which could help those who feel uncomfortable taking their pens outside the house!

Could you please just spare two minutes to fill in my survey! thankyou! :)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GDBDZZ3

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
tx i did it too, a smaller pen would be amazing they are way too big. gl with the design. why not show it here when you get it patented.

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The number of people I've had pick up the Novopen 4 or Echo, take the lid off and then say "Oh, what is it" has been pretty substantial. Most think it is a pen, rather than an injecting device to look at!

I remember the earlier Novopens with the 1.5 ml cartridges, and I don't really understand the move to 3ml pens, except that the insulin is presumably cheaper to produce in 3ml form and the pens mechanisms may be cheaper to make in the larger form factor.

But then I've never had an issue with taking my Insulin Pen out of the house with me. I'm 6'4" and there's 14 stone of me. People don't tend to notice if I have a little tube of metal in my pocket.