New BS Tester

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You don't know just how lucky you are!!

@dianagrace: I've never had the luxury of seeing a dietician, although my own GP did suggest trying the Atkins diet, otherwise I might never have considered a low carb diet.

Robbity

I saw the dietician by default, @Robbity . I was referred after it was noticed at a pre-op assessment that my bs were too high to be safe for surgery. The referral was to get my bs down before surgery. My HbA1c at that point was 89. That was nearly a year ago. The dietician was a he, and gave me the blood glucose meter and an idiots guide on how to use it, and I've never heard anything since. Surgery has been cancelled indefinitely - not because of my bs, but because I no longer need it. Going LCHF has improved my inflamed joints to such an extent that I no longer need the bones realigned and I'm pain-free

I've never heard blood testing referred to as a hobby! If that is the case, my little hobby has saved the NHS an awful lot of money - far more than the cost price of a few testing strips!

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

I must be very lucky. My Gp who is type 2 and a low carber gave me my meter and I get 50 strips a month but when I put in for more I get them too...as he said to me "how would you know which foods are personally bad for you without testing?

Reactions: 4 people

ChrisWoodward

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately I found the Accu-chek mobile to be inaccurate, annoying because it was a nice all in one meter but tried a few of those and all had the same issue, I believe it is something to do with the cartridge system that you apply blood to, the other downside is it takes an awful lot of blood to take a reading and you have no option to apply more if it is too little so it wastes that test.