FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not by 3.5 mol though. It says I'm in a hypo (3.3) when I'm 6.8. That's pretty far out.

Perhaps you should change the sensor and see. Speak to Abbott and ask if they will replace the sensor. sorry to hear.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Here we go again - 2nd sensor in place:

eWeI99P.jpg

Notice the bruise from getting the first sensor off :wideyed: I can attest to the the fact that the sticky stuff holding the sensor on is pretty strong stuff - thought my skin was going to come away with it LOL

Anyway - first readings: scan = 5.8 finger prick = 7.8

I think I'll be back on the phone to Abbott tomorrow :banghead:

tyrex

I'm not normally one to post on here, but wanted to add my thoughts about the Libre.

I received my kit yesterday (Wednesday) and my experience so far (order, delivery, kit, accuracy) pretty much echoes all that I've read on this topic so far. Accuracy doesn't appear too bad but it isn't perfect (I had a 7.3 reading on the Libre overnight and when testing with my OneTouch Ultrasmart which I trust implicitly I was actually hypo at 3.7, the rest of the time it has been fairly near within 1-2 mmol or so), so I certainly wouldn't make hypo treatment or insulin dose calculations based on it alone, which is a little sad.

Having said that, I grew up in times of checking test strips against colour charts (1-3, 3-7, 7-13, 13-17, 17+!) and my first meter - the Reflolux - was almost heaven even though it took 3 minutes to get a reading and I had to carry cotton balls everywhere!

So in context, I think the Libre is a very useful tool in my kitbag and I really hope it paves the way for a new wave of ever-more accurate devices that work this way.

Reactions: 8 people

jodysd6

I'll try and list today's comparison readings, first reading is accu chek combo and second is libre at same time.

8.20am - 14.5 - 15.1
9.40am - 14.5 - 13.4
10.15am - 11.0 - 11.1
12.30pm - 10.4 - 10.4
2.30pm - 10.9 - 10.2
4pm - 10.5 - 8.9
5.20pm - 4.9 - 6.3 (another swipe 10 minutes later was 3.8)

So far I'm happy with that, especially as I have seen such different numbers before between meters anyway (and I too found the accu chek mobile seemed to run really quite high)

Reactions: 5 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm really glad that some people are getting good results - it gives me hope :)

Reactions: 2 people

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have been following this thread with some interest. Received my meter yesterday and at first it was out by 2 so gave it 24 hours to settle in. During this time I have been using my Accu Check mobile. Results are, 24 hours later I am now out by 3, even made sure I didn't eat for a few hours. Double checked with a back up True Twist I have and that is still 2 higher.

I have emailed Abbott and am waiting on a response. Now deciding whether to return or just change my high and lower range to off-set everything being 2 lower.

Reactions: 3 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@logindetails - that bruise is awful - I'll certainly stop using it if my arms end up bruised like that!

I'm finding it hard to judge TBH. I've had a migraine today and my BG has been all over the place. It still seems to be about 1·2 out from the Mobile so I think I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can send some test sticks so I can check against their meter.

I actually do think it might be the Mobile that's wrong. It has a 20% error tolerance according to Roche and I think it is far less reliable at higher numbers and my BG has been much higher than usual today. Jury's still out!

Smidge

Reactions: 4 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
24 hrs on and my sensor still has a slight jabbing and numb pain. Not bad enough to remove it but I feel it for sure!! No reply from Abbott which is disappointing.

Accuracy is quite good. Seems to just lag behind my blood test by about 5-10 mins. But I feel like I can rely on it for insulin doses.

Hoping we can soon choose to apply the sensors to legs and stomach.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried testing their BG with a meter and waiting 10 minutes before scanning to see if the results are closer? If the Libre is 10 minutes behind that would be a better comparison wouldn't it?

Smidge

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@supp -sorry, our posts crossed over. Thanks for that info. I can feel mine a little, but not badly. Certainly not painful, but I can feel it.

Smidge

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried testing their BG with a meter and waiting 10 minutes before scanning to see if the results are closer? If the Libre is 10 minutes behind that would be a better comparison wouldn't it?

Smidge

Yeah.. Me. Seems to be around 5-10 mins delay

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
19:15 scan = 7.6
19:16 blood = 9.2
19:27 scan = 6.8.

It's just totally random

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to use Accu-chek Mobile and it was always out and often when I would recheck a result there would be a 2-3 difference on same meter with same finger!! I didn't trust it so changed to Bayer Next Contour and it's amazing.

I woke up at 2.6 according to Libre (meter said 4.1) but over the day my figures evened out and are now max of 1 out. Forget I'm wearing the sensor and love being able to track my BG on the graph. Really interesting to see what food does to it.

I'm not good at keeping hydrated but have been making a point to drink extra glasses of water today so my results are more accurate too.

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading this @Emmotha ours do sound similar.

My Mobile was the same as the meter I had before and has always been good. True Twist always 1 less.
The Libre, I have tried a few things, testing after a night's sleep, after not eating for a few hours, even rechecked all Libre tests 10 mins later in case it was just lag but still out. Going to keep tabs on it until I hear back.

Feels like there must be a bad batch.

As for the sensor fit, I can't really feel mine and it would be easy to forget it is there. Seems well attached, but a little worried after seeing the damage in the photo.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@logindetails - that bruise is awful - I'll certainly stop using it if my arms end up bruised like that!
It looks worse than it is and it doesn't hurt at all. Ideally you wouldn't be removing the sensor after one day but if you did you'd be more gentle at doing it than I was. I consider it a positive that it was stuck on so firmly.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm testing my blood on the actual Freestyle Libre AND my contour next. They're roughly the same but the scan on the libre is way off

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fair comment, and I have heard this before, but this is why I have been cross referencing with the True Twist which is completely different meter and strips. Since last post also checked again my glucomen that I used before the Mobile and that gives same readings as Mobile. Again different meter and strips.

I take your point but in this case 3 v 1 and I go with the majority.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a malfunction just after 7am where the Libre showed I was hypo - I wasn't, as the AC Mobile showed I was 7.1 and I had no symptoms. I think I was laying on the sensor at that point so wonder if that affects readings. The snapshot from the software shows that the sensor was not capturing data so well at that point.

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 19.46.12.png

Other than that I think it's been quite accurate (have I really done 37 tests today :eek: )

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 19.46.55.png

NB: The ketones are from low-carbing, not illness