Lantus

Schillers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone,

I have just started out on Lantus after being diagnosed last week. I just wondered how precise with timing I have to be everyday. EG, if I take it one day at 08:00, am I okay taking it at 09:00 or 10:00 the next day.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 2 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would say yes, but the reality of Lantus is that it doesn't last 24 hours like it says it does, at least for the majority of people............

so you may see higher readings leading up to your next dose............

you just need to test and see.........

type 1 or 2?

Schillers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would say yes, but the reality of Lantus is that it doesn't last 24 hours like it says it does, at least for the majority of people............

so you may see higher readings leading up to your next dose............

you just need to test and see.........

type 1 or 2?

Type 1

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
that means you can compensate with any deficit with your meal time bolus dose......

when have you been taking it up till now.......?

Schillers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
that means you can compensate with any deficit with your meal time bolus dose......

when have you been taking it up till now.......?

I have been taking it before work at around 08:30 but was wondering if I would be okay taking it around 10:00 on the weekend. I like sleeping is all...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I wouldn't leave it much more than an hour later if I were you, two hours might be pushing things and you may see a bg rise before this time.

I inject my lantus between 6-7pm, an hour makes little difference to my levels but that's not say it won't with yours, better to get into a routine when injecting your basal insulin, that way you will not forget to take it.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone,

I have just started out on Lantus after being diagnosed last week. I just wondered how precise with timing I have to be everyday. EG, if I take it one day at 08:00, am I okay taking it at 09:00 or 10:00 the next day.

Thanks in advance!
well im on Lantus evenings only. yes i dont stick to the exact times say 6pm most times i take it at 4pm 8pm im on novorapid during the daytime there again i dont stick exactly to the same times

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any reason they put you on it in the morning? Or do you take it twice?