FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I unlocked the insulin calculator on mine as I was planning to get my strips prescription changed over if I liked it

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And the next battle begins Dr's receptionist has just advised they are moving everyone onto glucomen meters and that is the only strips they are allowed to change to really really annoyed !!!!
Can they really do that???!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Who knows, need to make an appointment with the Dr can phone at 0830 for an emergency or wait 4 weeks at this rate I will have gone through a months worth of sensors that I pay for before I can get the free strips I am entitled to !!!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's crazy!! What about ppl like us who have just paid for new meters. I can understand maybe for new patients but not existing ones

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Can they really do that???!

No, they can't just change you over. If you have reasons to have a specific strip .. Ie for accuchek pump then they cannot change you.

However, if you have purchased different equipment, they are entitled to not fund the strips for it, although with good reasoning then they should't refuse.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetic nurse prefers the Freestyle Optimum strips to Contour next anyway so hoping it's not a problem.
What are glucomen like?

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No idea I have a glucomen lx for ketone use they supply strips but they also supply 200x aviva strips for my xpert meter so I don't see how they cannot provide me with optium strips for bs and ketones which will probably end up cheaper as I will need less but will need to see what the Dr says I suppose it's an ongoing battle would have thought when I was self funding the best part of it strips wouldn't be an issue may be a game changer for me as I'm not carrying 3 meters / devices around 2 is bad enough

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did ur doctor choose ur meter originally or ur diabetes team?

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have an animas pump and accu check meter that I had a fight to get strips up to 200 for but really need 300 this has been said by the hospital who provide my care but no chance I also have glucomen lx plus for ketones provided by hospital and no problems with ketone strips for this although only 10 at a time so my thoughts were get the libre and condense supplies needed as well as less strips used so we will just need to see what happens I suppose at least 90 quid a month would buy me an extra couple of pots of test strips :(

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The diabetes team gave me the aviva xpert originally and they are the ones that deal with my care the gp only gives me prescriptions I sense a. Hange of practice coming on

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Received mine today, started it just now. Let's see if the adhesive lasts for the "up to 14 days". Also, I love how cavalier the manual is about replacing the sensor (bleeding? Just use a new sensor - easy to say if you're selling the things for £25 I guess)

On an unrelated note, does anyone have the code to unlock healthcare professional options?

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's the same as the insulinx I have been told if that helps

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the tip on the calculator code guys - I've unlocked mine and was really pleased to see a half unit increment hidden away in there.

I had a blip on the system just now BTW - it gave an error, told me data was unavailable and to come back in 10 minutes! I had been using it connected to the computer to check my charts and it was immediately after I disconnected it and went to scan that it errored. It seems OK again now. Anyone actually read the manual and know whether it stops tracking data while its connected to the computer? I know, RTFM, but I'm hoping one of you already have and can just tell me LOL!

Incidentally, I found the option to export the data as a .csv, so I can now manipulate it properly - really glad that feature is there as the trial users were saying it wasn't available, so that must be one of the improvements they made as a result of the trials.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just noticed that the invoice and credit notes actually work now and can be viewed. Thou no sign of actual credit in pay pay as of yet.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My battery just ran out all of a sudden. Battery bar wasn't looking particularly low and no warning, just no more scanning.

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
my readings compered accuchek mobile first fig and then libre latest reading first
8.3-8.6
4.9-4.8
4.5-4.9
5.4-4.7
5.5-6.4
4.2-5.3
these all before meals testing and seem to be getting better over the 24 hrs. I am very happy with these results

Reactions: 7 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My battery just ran out all of a sudden. Battery bar wasn't looking particularly low and no warning, just no more scanning.

That's worrying as they say that the low battery warning gives you a days use still- oh dear. Maybe I should take my charger to work with me tomorrow as I have been scanning and playing around with the remote a LOT today.

Also- thanks guys for the heads up on the code!! Never been able to track IOB before- amazing!!!

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just put mine on to charge just incase it runs out during work tomorrow....you can still scan whilst it is plugged in (not sure if this is recommended) but the remote still works