Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
They probably can't believe them,

LMAO! Yes I'm sure that's a possibility! Kim have you seen the latest news from SouthportGP? Take a copy of his paper along on Monday (I'll post the link up here later, copy/pasting with an IPad is such a pain).

5.3 here, opposite end of the yoyo again. Nothing to do with the wine last night of course (I've done the stats on that before, and overall there's no significant difference - but it's fun to keep experimenting ;)).

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Thankyou..it was a bit higher today was 7.3 yesterday but it was a family get together with chinese. First meal off piste...even though I had very small portions...just glad it hasn't kicked me out of ketosis..its nice to know we can have a little treat now and again. Mind you I feel a bit lethargic this morning. I definately feel better on low carb

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. This is a number I much prefer over yesterday’s very low.

I think I may have worked out what was happening. I was incredibly hungry again yesterday. I mean, by 3pm, I wanted to eat a horse, the jockey and stable. I’ve snacked two days in a row. Now let’s be clear, that’s no big deal in the scheme of things, except that I simply don’t snack. I could probably count the snacks I’ve eaten in the last year on my fingers, so 2 in 2 days is unusual. Now for the revelation. I don’t think I had eaten enough.

Ahem.

OK. To clarify. Since being back in UK, I’ve swapped my oats and milk for yoghurt, bran and rhubarb for breakfast; mainly to satisfy my love of rhubarb and the easier availability of quality plain yoghurt. Then, I started making my own, with Channel Island milk, the plain full milk on Sunday. Sunday make means I started eating it on Tuesday. It brews overning Sun/Mon, goes into the fridge on Monday to chill for Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday, I’m starving! My reckoning is the reduction in fat calories, was just enough to tip the comfort balance.

So, I dealt with my hunger again yesterday, and today I will have the same breakfast, and observe for the remainder of the day.

So, playmates, it’s almost the weekend again. Play nicely. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't have time to check my BS when I woke - but it was 9.8 before Breakfast which is the highest its been in a long while:(

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.6 this morning deff staying in the 8's on fasting only 1.0 drop but im happy

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning i slept through the alarm last night so was not able to check before going to bed....... When the body is tired the body is tired

My arm is extremely tender from the flu jab is this normal?

I believe it is normal. I had a bit of stiffness a day or two later, but nothing significant and it wore off.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Dibbles1 - Not such a shock as I think my live dumps sugar into my system if I don't eat my breakfast within half an hour of waking. This morning I got up late and didn't eat until 8:15am .... 2 hours after Breakfast and things are going down slowly. I am now at 9.2.

I have my yearly diabetic review in around 3 weeks - so I will add this to my long list of questions to ask the DN and Dr.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
HELP I thought I had been really good this week and was feeling better overall. Even had M&S beans salad and blackberries for lunch yesterday.
Today I did my first test with my Accu-Chek meter one hour after a breakfast of two slices of Brown grainy bread and a boiled egg. score was ...wait for it......15.6 OUCH. Ok was it the bread and on one slice I had Jam. NO more bread and NO more Jam I guess. I thought by eating so well the rest of the week I would have built up some credit, you know like a bank balance. All I seem to have done is run up some WONGA type Interest on my BG. How often should I test?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HELP I thought I had been really good this week and was feeling better overall. Even had M&S beans salad and blackberries for lunch yesterday.
Today I did my first test with my Accu-Chek meter one hour after a breakfast of two slices of Brown grainy bread and a boiled egg. score was ...wait for it......15.6 OUCH. Ok was it the bread and on one slice I had Jam. NO more bread and NO more Jam I guess. I thought by eating so well the rest of the week I would have built up some credit, you know like a bank balance. All I seem to have done is run up some WONGA type Interest on my BG. How often should I test?

JAM? Pure sugar. :eek:

Did you test before breakfast? Just testing afterwards is fairly meaningless as you have no idea what the rise actually was, although with jam I could make a jolly good guess! 2 slices of bread won't have helped either. Try one slice of bread with no jam another time.

How often you test is up to you. However, if you want to learn what foods do to your levels, you need to test immediately before you eat, then 2 hours after your first bite.

Ideally you should aim to keep the actual rise below 2mmol/l at 2 hours if you can. Not always possible when you are first learning, but if it goes above 2 then there is something in that meal that needs attention. It is best to keep a food diary of everything you eat/drink (including portion sizes) and record your levels alongside. This way you will see patterns emerging and be able to work out which foods you can or can't cope with and adjust your portions accordingly, or avoid that food altogether..

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning.......and........RESULTS ARE IN!! Shall I post here???? I'm actually so very shocked, impressed and proud and had a few tears !! Ok.....Well.....38 !!!!!;) I really am amazed at myself!! Trying to get ready for work here while wanting to dance around the room!!

Reactions: 16 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning.......and........RESULTS ARE IN!! Shall I post here???? I'm actually so very shocked, impressed and proud and had a few tears !! Ok.....Well.....38 !!!!!;) I really am amazed at myself!! Trying to get ready for work here while wanting to dance around the room!!

Sod work, have a good long dance and enjoy the moment. I am proud of you, a well deserved result and long may it continue. Huge clap from me, and a medal and 5 gold stars!

Reactions: 10 people

alliebee

Oh Kimbo. I'm delighted for you...I've been thinking of you all morning...you must be so proud of yourself..I'm doing a little dance here for you!!!! Happy happy happy :)

Reactions: 5 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done. 38 is a truly excellent score, well into the non diabetic range.

You should be very happy and proud!

Keep up the good work!

Pavlos

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

I think we are all having a few happy tears for you...as Pavlos said. We truly care about each other and our setbacks and to hear of a sucess story like yours warms our hearts for you. Jolly well done my girl xxx

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @kimbo1962 excellent news!. I would call into work sick and tell them your diabetes is playing up - then go out and celebrate with a little retail therapy and a healthy lunch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.