BS readings

alliebee

Will still post my readings so ally can see too
Yesterday was first ever fasting in the 7s. Today.
Pre breakfast 8.1
After 6.8
Pre lunch 5.8
After 6.1
Its all coming together now
So pleased fasting levels are coming down. Like Ally's it seems fasting is the last to come down
Still in ketosis and feeling great

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Ah thankyou. But if I am you know ...you all should take the lions share of the credit!... I've been overwhelmed by all the advice and support...do you know that if ever I'm tempted to stray ( not yet). I wouldn't because I would feel not only I would be letting myself down...but worse I would be letting you all down too...I strayed from this forum once before...and the best thing I ever did was come back...I'm feeling in control again...:)

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel the same as you. I haven't strayed yet, but I'm not sure what Christmas (and my New Years Eve birthday) will do to me!

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I've talked to my family and think I'm going to have a three day amnesty...plan for it and enjoy it...by then I guess I'm going to be trying to eat a bit more to maintain as you advise...I don't mean go mad...I can easily turn down the sickly sweet roses tin ect.. but enjoy food. Watching overall carbs but let up a bit. Ie goose fat roasties. Lol..christmas is once a year...

alliebee

I'm having tuna steak. A homemade fishy type bernaise sauce. Green fine beans sugar snap peas and creamed spinach with half am avocado grilled with mozzarella cheese

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those are fantastic readings, @ally1 .

Do you like berries? Blueberries and strawberries? They are delicious with Greek yogurt or cream. :hungry:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i had a bad reading last night, i ate a whole pizza and a cake and was 24.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
hi alliebee, yes i had a nice time thank you but am glad to be home

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back Ally.

Was there a reason why you ate a whole pizza and cake? I hope your readings are back down again today. Such a shame to spoil your brilliant progress, but put it behind you and start again. Today is another day.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i had a bad reading last night, i ate a whole pizza and a cake and was 24.
At least now you know you can not get away with that.

Sometimes life is not just about diabetes and we all have our moments of weakness but I bet you now wish you did not have that pizza and cake.

Still, no point crying over spilled milk though.

Put it down to experience and start again more determined than ever.

One fall from grace does not negate all the hard work you have been through and all the fabulous progress you have achieved.

Pavlos

alliebee

Did eating it affect you at all Ally? I mean physically? After your body has been running on such lower numbers. Did being so high make you feel ill ?.... Were you having a bad time or a bad day? I know only too well how easy it can be to reach for comfort foods...but now I seem to have no fancy for them...I watched a friend eat pasta last week and it looked slimy to me now. Isn't it strange.....
Well I bet you feel bad enough that you ate them. So all I can say is today is another day.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i enjoyed the first bite of the pizza and cake
pre lunch 6.6 post lunch 7

alliebee

You are very lucky to see low numbers like that after a 24??
If that was me it would have taken days to come back down honestly...have you barely eaten today?