glucose monitors in spain

lilgoff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi am moving to spain and wondered if anybody had any insight on what glucose monitors and test strips are easily available? I know I have contribute 40% to my prescriptions but it would be good to known if some supplies are cheaper/more readily available than others! Thank you!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't have the answer, I live next door in France. (we have the same major brands as the UK but often different names and sometimes slightly different models)
If you don't get an answer on here, then you might get some help from this blogger
http://www.diabetesinspain.com/

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi am moving to spain and wondered if anybody had any insight on what glucose monitors and test strips are easily available? I know I have contribute 40% to my prescriptions but it would be good to known if some supplies are cheaper/more readily available than others! Thank you!
I live in Spain and monitors and strips are readily available . As a type 2 diabetic you are only allowed one pot a year ( one test per week !! )
Diabetic medication you pay 10% all other you pay 40%
I have found it much cheaper to self fund testing by purchasing a codefree meter from Amazon as a pot of strips for contour Xt is 45 euros