Could we have an update please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

I honestly would give the forum a 10 out of ten...its positive constructive helpful supportive and has a real sense of community...I know someone closely who is an administrator on a medical forum I belong to. If you can imagine the controversy that arises from medics with huge ego's. Well this forum is a breath of fresh air...being admin on a forum is very very hard work...so here is a vote of thanks from someone who is very appreciative of the way this one is run :).
Mind you I don't like the idea of multiple accounts. Its feels subversive and unecessary.

Reactions: 10 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I don't often report things and like others when I have done haven't always had a response.
I reported a thread earlier this evening(actually I reported my own rather cynical post but included the reasons for my cynicism ). I had dinner and came back to a reply.
Thank you Anna
Your Welcome .

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May we know how many users have multiple accounts? Perhaps aliases should be declared on profiles?

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
I honestly would give the forum a 10 out of ten...its positive constructive helpful supportive and has a real sense of community...I know someone closely who is an administrator on a medical forum I belong to. If you can imagine the controversy that arises from medics with huge ego's. Well this forum is a breath of fresh air...being admin on a forum is very very hard work...so here is a vote of thanks from someone who is very appreciative of the way this one is run :).
Mind you I don't like the idea of multiple accounts. Its feels subversive and unecessary.

Hear, hear from somebody who belongs to a few forums and this is head and shoulders above the others, both in terms of the spirit of support and also the excellent way it is set up and run.

Janiept

Expert
No, I belong to different forums related to different matters. I don't quite understand why you would think I have many identities

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it's a great forum, all I am asking for is more transparency. If I'm having a discussion on a thread and get shouted down by 3 'people', it would be useful to know that they are in fact 3 people, and not one person with 3 identities. Similarly if someone is banned, they should be told why they have been banned and it would be good for us to be told why too so that we don't make the same mistake. If these things are out in the open then it stops unnecessary argument and whispers of conspiracy. When we don't get straight answers then we wonder why we are not getting them. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Zand I could have as many accounts as I wanted. The forum could not stop me. I don't, but it is not within their power to stop it.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
:confused:I find it difficult enough to have one account!

This is really great forum and that's why I stick about and I'm not diabetic!:confused:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah and have to worry about diet and glucose levels!!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another notch in the belt today!!

When you have no choice, you do what do and it works! Only wish the same was given to all diabetics, cos it works!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Literally another notch in my belt!

Have lost more weight again!

Status
Not open for further replies.