Libre...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

I'm sounding like a little kid....but I want a libre!!! :(

anywwwayyyyy how are people finding there's at the moment? My main concern/question is How would it work for a pumper? :)

Thank you :)

Reactions: 2 people

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm loving it, results are matching my original meter so I'm confident it's accurate - it's allowing me to check every 30 minutes or so and really tighten up on my basal rates/adjust my pump accordingly. I can really see now where my bloods start to increase or decrease.

I hope you manage to get one, the obvious downside is cost but I'm sacrificing what I'd otherwise spend the money on to fund the libre, although I appreciate not everyone can do this.

D

Deleted member 83869

I'm loving it, results are matching my original meter so I'm confident it's accurate - it's allowing me to check every 30 minutes or so and really tighten up on my basal rates/adjust my pump accordingly. I can really see now where my bloods start to increase or decrease.

I hope you manage to get one, the obvious downside is cost but I'm sacrificing what I'd otherwise spend the money on to fund the libre, although I appreciate not everyone can do this.

Oooo that's good then! Yeah the money is the main thing....I probably could afford it but I will be getting my own place soon and the rent will be weekly so I will have that to think about but I know I could really benefit from one!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you don’t have the money at the mo I would say wait… lots of ppl are having really good experiences, but quite a few people are having problems. Hopefully they’ll iron out the kinks soon, but until then it might not be worth the risk :)

Reactions: 6 people

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well my first sensor failed to insert but Abbott are sending me a new one.

My second sensor has been about 2 out from my meter. They say it settles down after 24 hours but it hasn't for me. Overnight the libre thinks I'm a steady 2.6 first night and 2.3 second night! BG on meter both days was 4.3 and 4.1

I'm using the graphs to see how foods effect my BG and to look for patterns but personally the BG readings are not close enough to the meter for me. However I will see in 14 days how the second sensor looks.

On a major plus side the sensor was painless to insert and I forget it's there, other than scanning myself. You have to stay hydrated to get better results so I'm drinking lots of water too.

Today I'm doing my insulin pump cannula change so interested to see what it makes of BG then. I am needle phobic so have to set my basal at +170% following change!

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

@ NicolaAnne1994, just how often are you doing a bg test and doing something with the results you are getting, like alter insulin dose age or carb?

D

Deleted member 83869

@ NicolaAnne1994, just how often are you doing a bg test and doing something with the results you are getting, like alter insulin dose age or carb?

I test about 8 times a day and change things when and if I can! I have far too much going on in my life to just focus on one thing!

D

Deleted member 83869

My second sensor has been about 2 out from my meter. They say it settles down after 24 hours but it hasn't for me. Overnight the libre thinks I'm a steady 2.6 first night and 2.3 second night! BG on meter both days was 4.3 and 4.1

I'm using the graphs to see how foods effect my BG and to look for patterns but personally the BG readings are not close enough to the meter for me. However I will see in 14 days how the second sensor looks.

On a major plus side the sensor was painless to insert and I forget it's there, other than scanning myself. You have to stay hydrated to get better results so I'm drinking lots of water too.

Today I'm doing my insulin pump cannula change so interested to see what it makes of BG then. I am needle phobic so have to set my basal at +170% following change!

Oh I see! I wouldn't get one yet anyway not until all problems have been sorted etc! Good Luck"!

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Got the same issue, unfortunately, and the libre completely missed a post-meal spike (showing constant 3.7-4.1 when it really was 5.1-7.0) and today I've been getting nothing but LO and sensor errors... I doubt I'll keep using the device since I'm evidently too stupid to use it.

iHs

I would phone Abbott and get them to send out another starter pack. Am wondering if certain lots of these starter packs are faulty. Is there a serial and lot number on the packaging?

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Got the same issue, unfortunately, and the libre completely missed a post-meal spike (showing constant 3.7-4.1 when it really was 5.1-7.0) and today I've been getting nothing but LO and sensor errors... I doubt I'll keep using the device since I'm evidently too stupid to use it.
@AlexMBrennan - your sensor is exhibiting exactly the same symptoms as my second sensor - either LO or no sensor readings. Customer care have told me to take it off and replace it with a third sensor (which they had sent me due to failure of my first sensor) which I will do tomorrow.
If you haven't already done so you need to contact customer care 0500 467466 to get a replacement sensor - don't throw the faulty one away as they want them back and use the software to record the meter data in case they want to see it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Suprised you went back to an Abbott product..i couldn't jump in feet first after my experience with their cgm.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have nothing put positive things to say about the libre so far. It tracks within 1-2nmol/l of my contour meter and has shown exactly the same reading on a number of occasions also. I have had no errors, comfortable insertion of sensor (didn't feel a thing!) and as mentioned above forget that it is in place.
I have never experienced any form of CMG/flash monitoring before and can't believe how much the info is going to help with my diabetes management. It is superb for looking at trends and post meal spikes etc and means that when working I can check my bloods as often as I like without it interrupting my day. So far it has been worth every penny (all of those many penny's....)
It does sound like there have been a number of issues, but the people reporting problems to Abbott seem to be getting replacements for inaccurate sensors etc