Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Will be making a long weekend of it. Any ideas what to see and do in Manchester welcomed ( tours of Old Trafford, definitely not on the agenda)!

You should go Pavlosn as you may enjoy the experience ;)

Seriously though, you should go just to see the tributes paid to those that lost lives in the Munich Air Disaster, it's very moving and I defy anyone not to be moved by it all.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn The Lowry Gallery, Salford is good. My family normally eat in ASDA when we go to Man City (not sure there's much low carb there though) Yes, grudgingly I would agree with @noblehead that Old Trafford is worth going to.

Reactions: 2 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Here we go again, was more than half right last week:banghead::banghead:

Wins for Liverpoo, Soton,Swansea, Man city( sorry hammers fans!) Arsenal, Ipswich, reading, Leeds and the Superwhites at the Dons.

Draw for west brom v palace.

Happy Saturday! The Rovers will get their first win under Adams. The confidence is coming back and wimbledon aren't good enough!

Mind you Akinfenwa always scores against us:oops:;)

Noooooooooooooooo way jose Ipswich aint gunna win cos we are UTT lol

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
You should go Pavlosn as you may enjoy the experience ;)

Seriously though, you should go just to see the tributes paid to those that lost lives in the Munich Air Disaster, it's very moving and I defy anyone not to be moved by it all.

Yeah it was moving when i saw it on Aircrash investigation once.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We went to the war museum on Salford quays last year that was very good!
The wife could go to the Trafford centre if you went the football museum.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
...Man city( sorry hammers fans)....

To be honest if I was a neutral I'd agree, but I just have to believe that we can at least get a draw. Contain Aguero and we've got a chance. COYI!!!!

@zand I'm sure you're a happy bunny, didn't play well but came away with all 3 points, onwards and upwards :)

@pavlosn I don't know Manchester very well at all, last time I was there (last year) the wife and I were shopping for a dress for a wedding (for the wife obviously, not for me!), the shopping is really good and I can thoroughly recommend the National Football Museum, I hope you and your son have a great time

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Oh it's looking promising for us mighty hammers this season! Who were the people who doubted us? 4th now! Get in! COYI

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Nicked it. By a single goal. Very happy that goal line technology's being used!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bloody hell! What's going on?
Has abramovic been spreading the Russian roubles around?

Which idiot forecast the hammers to get relegated?

That results blown my forecast out of the window!
Fell at the proverbial first fence!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nicked it. By a single goal. Very happy that goal line technology's being used!!
Well played the Hammers! Incredible performances from some of their players, particularly the two centre halves, especially Collins.

If West Ham carry on putting in this kind of effort and commitment to the rest of their games, not too many teams will come away from Upton Park with much.

About time that City got a bit more luck though. I've lost count how may times we've hit the post this season.:-(

The tragic thing is that we now have to rely on United to stop Chelsea.

I am not holding my breath somehow.

Pavlos

Ps What an absolute peach of a goal Silva scored. Shame it will count for nothing

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pinch me, I'm dreaming! :D

There once was a team called West Ham,
In colours all claret and blue,
And all of the teams in all of the leagues said:
"Oo we can't beat you! Oo we can't,
Oo oo we can't, Oo Oo we can't beat you!"

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You a hammer too!?

TBH Nicola, we support Man U in our house but I don't hold any grudges against any football club, just enjoy watching a decent game of football and simply don't get all this rivalry and why people get upset when talking about other football teams, it's beyond me...............

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
TBH Nicola, we support Man U in our house but I don't hold any grudges against any football club, just enjoy watching a decent game of football and simply don't get all this rivalry and why people get upset when talking about other football teams, it's beyond me...............
Nothing wrong with rivalry as long as it stays within the bounds of sportsmanship.

Football is a game that incites tremendous emotional involvement and loyalty towards one's favourite side but this should not be at he expense of the love and appreciation of the game itself.

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 9 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nothing wrong with rivalry as long as it stays within the bounds of sportsmanship.

Football is a game that incites tremendous emotional involvement and loyalty towards ones favourite side but this should not be at he expense of the love and appreciation of the game itself.

Pavlos

My sentiments too Pavlos, I've been to football games and witnessed senseless violence in the name of football.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In our large family there is supporters of all 3 Merseyside clubs, (not fun on derby days). And a reluctant admiration of what Man utd have done in last 20 years!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My sentiments too Pavlos, I've been to football games and witnessed senseless violence in the name of football.
Every club has it's idiots and morons that just want to cause trouble! Yes! Even rovers!
They are not fans nor do they support the clubs.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.