Libre

PG1759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wandered what people's thoughts are on the libre ? I've found mine brilliant but tonight I've realised its maybe not quite as good as I first thought. The issue I've realised is that because there is a 15 minute (20 minute + on mine) delay between finger prick and libre, it actually means that the results when changing fast (I.e. Going down fast or up fast) can leave you with problems. I had a hypo yesterday and didn't know about the lag at the time. I treated it... Waited 15 mins checked on libre. Still hypo. Confused - I Treated it again and checked 5 mins later. Barely moved. Treated again and then checked finger prick. I was shooting way up, while the libre was well behind ! The downside is I ended up sky high for hours after !
My concern is also that it could work the other way around too.. I.e. Dropping quickly and be showing higher on the libre than what you really are.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take note of the trend arrows and if dropping or rising sharply, then it's best to do a finger test.

Reactions: 5 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its for those reasons that I don't fancy the libre or a cgm....its good for spotting patterns yeah, but for full time use....not really...

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The same is true with my Dexcom. A treated low can seem to take forever to recover. I have to remind myself to do a blood test before eating anything more. It's so easy to overdo it, especially when your body is saying "Eat, eat eat..."!