Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Having a nightmare and just thought I would share

Day off started with waking @ 0730 to a bs of 24.4 on my new libre checked via meter and yup 23.8 so change set took a pen correction of 12u checked again and slowly coming in down so eventually fell back to sleep ( was backshift last night ) got up at 11 level at 16..9 had breakfast scrambled egg and bacon level jumps up 21.2 ok then so correction given level again down to 18.8 now 2 hrs later at 24.6 so pen correct and change set guess what !!!
The set had occluded grrrrrrr !!!
So I'm hoping its 3rd set lucky I feel like a pin cushion, on the plus side I know the libre is pretty accurate

Sorry guys rant over

Danae xxx

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I know at least it's my day off otherwise the zombied way I feel I would have been having a nightmare at work hopefully that's it now ( touching wood )

Reactions: 2 people

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's rough being up at those levels too. Fingers crossed for your third set and hope you feel better soon.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Having a nightmare and just thought I would share

Day off started with waking @ 0730 to a bs of 24.4 on my new libre checked via meter and yup 23.8 so change set took a pen correction of 12u checked again and slowly coming in down so eventually fell back to sleep ( was backshift last night ) got up at 11 level at 16..9 had breakfast scrambled egg and bacon level jumps up 21.2 ok then so correction given level again down to 18.8 now 2 hrs later at 24.6 so pen correct and change set guess what !!!
The set had occluded grrrrrrr !!!
So I'm hoping its 3rd set lucky I feel like a pin cushion, on the plus side I know the libre is pretty accurate

Sorry guys rant over

Danae xxx

Which pump are you using? Did your pump actually alarm at some point?

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Nope @donnellysdogs it didn't I have an animas vibe I have only once had an alarm for occlusion in almost 6 months :(

iHs

Try using another area to insert the set and if that also causes problems think about using a different type. The Inset IIs tend to have a narrow tube whereas the Inset 30 has a tube that is a bit thicker and more robust. I believe you can also adjust the speed delivering of insulin (settings menu and click through the screens by pressing the arrow buttons) and that might stop the occlusions.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just know that Accuchek were really "hot" to investigate when I didn't have an alarm going off for 10+ hours and having a multitude of set changes... They swapped my pump and asked for the sets back immediately. Pumps (unless you are on a minute doseage) should alarm within 5 hours....(just when you are in your deepest sleep-lol:) )....

It would be worthwhile letting your manufacturer know that your alarm didnt go off for xx hours...

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@donnellysdogs it hadnt gone off at all I may call them and see what they say it's very annoying as I've had to sit monitoring bs all day have stayed in too as I felt pretty **** but hey I'm now at 3.2 jeezo my day just gets better time for tea

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Danaemac with the vibe it only gives an occlusion alarm when the pressure builds up to a certain point. If I'm going to get one I normally get it with my first bolus. Do you have the alarm set on H or L? If you do a change and only have basal going in afterwards it will take hours before alarm but by then your BG would be telling you anyhow!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The alarm is set to high it's now come up with an alarm saying max dose exceeded I presume by upping the max Todd it just continues ?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's bad that it's set to high and didn't alarm. I've never reached max dose but yes I guess you should be able to increase it and continue to dose.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@Danaemac with the vibe it only gives an occlusion alarm when the pressure builds up to a certain point. If I'm going to get one I normally get it with my first bolus. Do you have the alarm set on H or L? If you do a change and only have basal going in afterwards it will take hours before alarm but by then your BG would be telling you anyhow!

Same as Accucheck for pressure building up for alarms...but alarms with Accuchek and all pumps should go off at a certain point..

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Will keep a close eye on it sleepless night ahead seems to be sitting steady at 7 I did suspend prime and resumed just to make sure this was still giving basal

Thanks guys

Danae