• Start Date

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just felt that they weren't/aren't working! But il try! X
talk to your Dr, they aren't all the same, some suit some people more than others, it's finding the right one for you.
it's a good idea to ween yourself on and off them, sudden starts and stops isn't good for the system and can cause problems

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many of us can get involved with this bank job?? :) forget the libre though I would continue with the blood stabs...£1200 a year is a cruise every year. Can I be Ronnie Biggs please.. I don't mind bed and board in prison when I'm in my 70's.. I'm already planning that...
An open forum may not be the best place to plan, unless... You are hiding in plain sight!! Genius! I'm in!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
An open forum may not be the best place to plan, unless... You are hiding in plain sight!! Genius! I'm in!

Love it, two female stars in "Buster" the great train robbery film. Julie Walters and Sheila Hancock, can I be Sheila Hancock please? You have the wit of Julie Walters!

Sorry Nicola,,, you know I'm always here for you..sx

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nicola, you have reduced your carbs, have you increased your fats to replace the lost energy? this could be why you are tired

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't think Nicola is currently able to sustain a consistent lower carb life style of eating and eating extra fat can be just as "nibbly" (for snacks etc) as carbs.

To be honest I believe that to benefit from lower carbs you have to be able to do it on a consistent basis.

Having a mixture still of carbs and increasing fat adds to problems.

I know I'm butting in here, and answeing effectively for Nocola but when being skint and struggling then food and low carbing or high carbing... You just want some food!!!

There was a poster not long ago that said how difficult it was getting low carb food from a food bank. Although not in this position, I think when you struggle to make ends meet it is difficult to lower carbs day in day out...and adding fat in can actually just be adding in extra calories when nonody really knows how lower carb the OP is able to sustain on a daily basis.

If I was Nicola I would just use Myfitnesspal on a daily basis to check for calories..but again you have to be in a state of mind to do this on a daily basis....

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I don't think Nicola is currently able to sustain a consistent lower carb life style of eating and eating extra fat can be just as "nibbly" (for snacks etc) as carbs.

To be honest I believe that to benefit from lower carbs you have to be able to do it on a consistent basis.

Having a mixture still of carbs and increasing fat adds to problems.

I know I'm butting in here, and answeing effectively for Nocola but when being skint and struggling then food and low carbing or high carbing... You just want some food!!!

There was a poster not long ago that said how difficult it was getting low carb food from a food bank. Although not in this position, I think when you struggle to make ends meet it is difficult to lower carbs day in day out...and adding fat in can actually just be adding in extra calories when nonody really knows how lower carb the OP is able to sustain on a daily basis.

If I was Nicola I would just use Myfitnesspal on a daily basis to check for calories..but again you have to be in a state of mind to do this on a daily basis....
Firstly liking my new name Nocola lol! Secondly far from low carbing my own pathetic fault really I give up with everything not literally but yeah I just can't deal with anything anymore x

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly liking my new name Nocola lol! Secondly far from low carbing my own pathetic fault really I give up with everything not literally but yeah I just can't deal with anything anymore x
Oh Nocola I do hope you get some answers next week!

Let me know about the thyroid test results.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh Nocola... Lol:) sorry!!::)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Nocola...:) don't be so hard on yourself. Life is hard. Nothing is easy or perfect!

I was just trying to say how hard it is do lower carbs consistently when on a limited income and that adding fats in is only really for those that can lower carb on a consistent basis. Low budgets for food is hard.

We all want your ha, ha's back!! Just want you happy, and healthy.

Reactions: 4 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Ps when we doing this bank robbery? Il let you guys do all the work haha x
Remember Reservoir Dogs where the gang used aliases: Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. Brown, Mr. Orange, Mr. Pink, and Mr. White.
We'll do the same but with a different theme - I suggest Mr. Blood, Mr. Sugar, Mr. Needle, Mr. Hypo, Mr. Hyper and Mr. Carbs. We'll also need a boss of the gang and a heist organiser/underboss like "Nice Guy Eddie" did in Reservoir Dogs.
Once we sort out who's in and who's not and who's who we can go from there.

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Nocola...:) don't be so hard on yourself. Life is hard. Nothing is easy or perfect!

I was just trying to say how hard it is do lower carbs consistently when on a limited income and that adding fats in is only really for those that can lower carb on a consistent basis. Low budgets for food is hard.

We all want your ha, ha's back!! Just want you happy, and healthy.
I know I know I just wish it wasn't so expensive because I want to be able to do it! I WANT TO BE HAPPY

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:singing:Dooooon't worry Beeeeeeeeeee happy :singing: Bobby" McFerrin

;)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh Nicola sounds like your finding things tough have you tried adding lentels and or pulses to your meals they are a great way of filling up fast and cheep. They are also healthy.
Take Care Loulou :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Re arrange your log on Name Nocola!! Change the 2-6 letters around... It makes me laugh!!