Carrying Things Around!

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
If you go to YouTube and enter lined boxy bag (haven't tested the search) I'm positive you'd find something you could make in an hour.

I have made all bespoke, compartmented little box/bags for lots of stuff, including toll rolls. A decent oilcloth or acrylic canvas, lined in a jolly cotton looks expensive and costs virtually nothing to make, once you have a little supply of continuous zip in.
Make? Make? Good grief woman, have you ever seen my sewing skills? ROFL

Actually I would like to have a go at one...chucking some clothes out so will see if I have any suitable fabric.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't watched this one through, but it could work, and no zip involved. I'm happy using zips, but I know not everyone is.

For the sort of boxy things I was thinking of. You could always sew in some pockets and elastic anchors, before putting it together: I'd be scaling this one down, quite a bit:

Reactions: 2 people

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a great bag which i keep with me 24/7, at work, home going out. i have it on a shoulder strap and after ages (a year or so) looking, wondering and thinking "too expensive" etc, i just went for it and have not once regretted it. it fits my accucheck combo wallet, dexcom, phone, notes, glucose etc. That probably sounds big but it is just very organised with straps etc. I will post a picture. ps it doesn't come in pink or yellow or with daisy/bunny pics.

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought the Diabete-ezy case and now wish that I had kept to my smaller camera case! this new one is too big and bulky - £34 down the drain again

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
I use a Kipling pouch. They may be expensive but it is substantial, doesn't rip or get grubby. It holds my testing kit, glucotabs, insulin, needles, safe clipper etc. Buy from QVC or Amazon. You could also use a small Kipling handbag as most of their shoulder straps are detachable and can be placed into a larger handbag if you wished. Worth a look.

Reactions: 2 people

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first was diagnosed I thought about using a makeup bag as a carrier, primark do some really nice ones for like £3! maybe give that ago x

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
omg i have this issue too!

Mine might be worse because all the cool bags are really girly haha The first thing i wanted (i even started looking online in the hospital) was the perfect bag to carry all my new found lifesupport stuff around in.

I have settled on 2, the first being a pencil case that fits everything in it that i carry around in my backpack, no big deal cause the backpack is cool looking haha

The second was a used leather bag that is just about the size of a purse (its not a purse, its just a small shoulder bag!) that i bought on Etsy - i Use this bag when i dont have or need a backpack and want to look more professional.
Kinda like this one, but mine is darker brown and without the buckle (same maker), its the perfect size to hold all my stuff!
il_570xN.613668716_eo5y.jpg

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I would love to talk to u,
The carryer that u shood have is a small one so u can fit it in your pocket at school.

Xxxxx:)xxxxxxx

Lily06