Weird BG results

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Did the post lunch BG meter test yesterday and was shocked to see they were at 9.3, where the hell did that come from (lunch: salad and about 30g of shrimps + 3 homemade almond biscuits).
Have I washed my hands before the test?
So! Washed my hands and retested........big difference 6.1. difference of 3.2 mmol/L. Were my hands so contaminated and how????

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Obviously something effected the results, it always pays to wash your hands thoroughly before testing so that you don't get a false reading.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It happens to me, too, even though I am obsessive about washing my hands. I even had a 3.9 once after a meal, (should have been in the 6's) so our meters lie to us with lower numbers as well as higher ones!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This latest post of strips has been weird. About every third strip has been silly-high.
The other two thirds are fine.

Result - I'm getting through the strips very fast, so the pot will be finished really quickly. :) Good thing they're the cheap Codefree ones!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This latest post of strips has been weird. About every third strip has been silly-high.
The other two thirds are fine.

Result - I'm getting through the strips very fast, so the pot will be finished really quickly. :) Good thing they're the cheap Codefree ones!

Ditto. I also had 2 silly lows. Batch number S0314056.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I hate to say this on the open forum, but I don't trust my Codefree :( I have had some wild readings. Might splash out on some accu chek strips for over the Christmas holidays when there is more food about.

alliebee

I thought I was the only one! I had a rogue suspect pot about 8 weeks ago. I was still learning a bit though and my readings were consistantly high...it seems to happen...at least when you have it all on a spreadsheet ( I love statistics!). You are able to see trends and anomalies ...and weird readings

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I fret more about rogue readings that are lower than they should be. It gives me a false sense of security. I would prefer them to be higher.

Reactions: 2 people