Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sure do :)
I started on 50gm per day but have never really got there usually max 30gm and most often 20gm, it's amazing when you plan just what you can have that's low or carb free!!

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.3 today morning. Is it too low?
It all depends on us as the unique individuals were are! I'm ok in the 4's personally, how long have you been testing? Over time you start to see a trend or pattern and can see how you feel? I know my gp told me not to go below 4 when I asked how low was ok but that could be his view without taking my individuality into it

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.3 this am .... had a few nuts for supper .... never understand this complaint :confused:

Reactions: 3 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had one mandarin for breakfast, played tennis for an hour and rode my bike for 40 minutes, riding a total of 8,5 km to and from the tennis club.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1414219953.833284.jpg

Sugars are now up from 5,0 this morning to 5,4 so happy with that.

Even happier that the wife agreed that I can skip her cousin's wedding service this afternoon and just go to the reception tonight.

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 here after a wedding breakfast yesterday and a little glass of bubbly. Would have been rude not to...;)

Not happy with so many 7's of late. I think I need some of what @alliebee is on!

Happy Sunday everyone

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1. Lowest ever fasting. May be due to a few drinks last night vodka and soda
Go alliebee!!! Fantastic!! My drink of choice has always been vodka too;) by chance it's carb free too of course!!

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 today morning. Is it too low?

As a T2, on no medication, I try not to let low numbers freak me out. My liver will help me out if it feels my body is going to low. I usually feel absolutely fine, down to 3.4. Below that I'm usually just incredibly hungry, although the other day I was under 3 and felt fine. To be honest, I'd prefer not to be that low.

I note you're on Metformin. Few people have true hypos on Metformin. I say true hypos, as there is a phenomenon called "false hypo" many people experience, as they bring their bloods into line. Just keep an eye on things, and provided you feel fine, don't worry about any lower numbers. If you feel a bit off, then maybe have a cup of tea, with milk, which will just bring you up a little, without shooting you high. If you shoot up high, it sometimes leads to a bit of a high/low loop which sufferers can find uncomfortable.

Finally, you're quite young. Is your doctor sure you are T2? Have you have T1 tests? When were you diagnosed? What were your numbers running at most recently?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm a data monster. :)

alliebee

You know you are getting obsessed when you text your family to tell them of your lowest fasting readings...eldest daughter said anyone would think id won euro lottery. Ha ha!

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. I had another mega munching day yesterday to deal with the hungry few days I've had recently. I really wanted to deal with that before my OH comes home in a few days. I was on that hungry prowl, I'd be under the Spanish Inquisition for potentially starving myself. He's incredibly supportive, but does sometimes want to really feed me up in a completely carb-tastic way!

Today, I have a load of stuff going on eBay. I can't quite believe how much a dress I listed in error is going for. The timing was the error, not the listing per se. I wanted to schedule the start, but suddenly it was up there! I have more outerwear to prepare to go on over the next couple of weeks, as it gets cooler. It's good. Certainly Gladys (my tairlor's dummy) is earning her rent; being dressed up and photographed. I even had her in partywear yesterday; accessories and all. :)

Anyone else with a load of decent clothing to go; I'd recommend giving it a whirl. Nothing venture is nothing gained, and anything failing to sell can go to the charity shop anyway. I'm looking on it as subsidising my testing regime.

Play nicely boys and girls. It looks like a lovely day out there.

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning.......and........RESULTS ARE IN!! Shall I post here???? I'm actually so very shocked, impressed and proud and had a few tears !! Ok.....Well.....38 !!!!!;) I really am amazed at myself!! Trying to get ready for work here while wanting to dance around the room!!
Woot, woot, woot.......shake it baby!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.