Type 1 New Blog

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiotic people, know it alls who know nothing, lazy home educators!
Hi Everyone,

Please check out my new blog starting with when our son was diagnosed with T1. Will be posting more about our journey so far and our experiences.

http://type1tocky.blogspot.co.uk/

Enjoy!

Reactions: 8 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Hi Anita - a very moving story - I'll be sure to follow Tocky's blog - wish him all the best from me.

Reactions: 4 people

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi, Thank you for having a read. I will be posting a lot more about his journey so thanks for following.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck, I will have a look later on, I am a nana to a 6 year old type 1 ............................................it is quite a journey.

With best wishes RRB

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So so moving and can only imagine how frightening it must have been for you all, I do hope Toky continues to make good progress and please let us know when you update the blog.

Reactions: 4 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
As noblehead said so,so moving.I can assure you this is not the end of the world,I have been diabetic for over 50 years and still in one piece.In my younger day I played semi- professional football,cricket,hockey and basketball and any sport I could get involved in.I did a very strenuous job firstly as a tradesman and eventually construction director of a international construction company.With good management of his diabetties he will be able to achieve what ever he wants too.I have four wonderful children and my ambition is to celebrate 75 years of being diabettic.My simply belief is that I rule the diabeties not that the diabetees rules me.Best wishes and good luck.

Reactions: 7 people

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks everyone. I'm glad my Tocky's journey has been of interest to you all. This means alot to us. I will be posting in about an hour or so about his anxieties. Please feel free to have a read.

Thanks again.

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
As noblehead said so,so moving.I can assure you this is not the end of the world,I have been diabetic for over 50 years and still in one piece.In my younger day I played semi- professional football,cricket,hockey and basketball and any sport I could get involved in.I did a very strenuous job firstly as a tradesman and eventually construction director of a international construction company.With good management of his diabetties he will be able to achieve what ever he wants too.I have four wonderful children and my ambition is to celebrate 75 years of being diabettic.My simply belief is that I rule the diabeties not that the diabetees rules me.Best wishes and good luck.
Hi, that's exactly what we want our son to do - be happy and do whatever he wants. Diabetes can be managed with care and as we always say, there are people worse off. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: 7 people

Nickers

I loved reading that hope little Tocky is still doing well all the best to him and you as parents Doing a great job xxx

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Nickers, Thanks for your message. He is doing really well thank you. Poor thing has been through so much! Next post will be about hypos and hypers!!

Thanks for reading
x

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's very moving to read about Tocky's experiences and the way you've been coping so well with the needs of such a young Type 1! Thank you for sharing it with us, and best wishes to all of you.

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's very moving to read about Tocky's experiences and the way you've been coping so well with the needs of such a young Type 1! Thank you for sharing it with us, and best wishes to all of you.
Hi, Thank you for reading. Will be updating again in a couple of days.