At last...my weight has gone down

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
I think it's five weeks I've been doing the low carb high fat and after lots of ups and downs on the scales I've lost twelve pounds.
Saw my doc yesterday and she was mortified by change of eating habits so stuck me on her scales.
She was surprised.
Won't have it so in the morning I have to go for a blood test so she can prove to me I'm killing myself!

...she'll be even more surprised when you tell her you can get into a lower dress size...:D

Well done on the weight loss, she'll have to eat her words [or carbs] when you get the results, hope they're good..

A

AnnieC

I would like to be under 8 stone so another couple of pounds but will see what I look like when I get to that and maybe aim for a bit lower. I am certainly not skinny yet!

How tall are you Aqua I am 5ft 41/2in size10 my pre diet weight was about 9st.4 lb and size 12 now I am just on 8st.7lb which I struggle to keep up as I loose it so easily if I go to low carb but I think I look to skinny now no shape clothes just don't look as good on me anymore Still the charity shop has done well with the clothes that were to big for me and I have still got a few more to take there

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm also struggling to maintain my new weight on low carb. I keep losing despite trying to add non-carb foods to my diet. Not wanting to overdo the fats, and already eating enough protein, it is really difficult. I advise anyone reaching this situation to plan ahead and start a maintenance diet whilst they still have a bit of a leeway.

Reactions: 4 people
A

AnnieC

I'm also struggling to maintain my new weight on low carb. I keep losing despite trying to add non-carb foods to my diet. Not wanting to overdo the fats, and already eating enough protein, it is really difficult. I advise anyone reaching this situation to plan ahead and start a maintenance diet whilst they still have a bit of a leeway.

Yes loosing the weight is good but once you are at the weight you want to be the struggle then becomes not to loose anymore so a vicious circle.
I did not need to loose any weight as I have never been overweight in my life but of course I did as soon as I stopped the sugar stuff and lowered the carbs, when you are not overweight to begin with the loss seems to be more rapid
I try to keep my weight up now by eating nuts, avocados using olive oil and coconut oil for cooking using olive oil and rapeseed extra virgin oil for dressings and butter on veg etc but it is difficult to keep where I am

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
weekly weigh in yesterday...at last I am down to 8 stone (well technically 8 stone.6 but if the scales weren't digital the .6 wouldn't show!). I have been aiming for this for a while so am happy:)

Only 2 lbs till I have lost 2 stone:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
weekly weigh in yesterday...at last I am down to 8 stone (well technically 8 stone.6 but if the scales weren't digital the .6 wouldn't show!). I have been aiming for this for a while so am happy:)

Only 2 lbs till I have lost 2 stone:)

That is AMAZING. Well done!!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Earlier in the thread weightloss being helped by eating coconut oil was mentioned. Is it useful? How much? When do you eat it? Thankyou:)

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all!

BrunnerIa and scandi you are both doing very well too.

Mo I have to admit I haven't had the coconut oil for a while, I keep forgetting. When I was eating it it seemed to make a difference as before I was plateauing which stopped when I ate the coconut oil. I didn't eat it at any particular time just when I remembered. I will start again tomorrow and try to remember to have it regularly. I will let you know how it goes. Sorry to be so vague ...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@mo53 did you try the coconut oil?

my efforts have been a bit hit and miss. Last Saturday my weight was the same as it had been the week before. Last week I had the coconut oil a bit more often but still forgot every day. Today I weighed myself and have lost 3 llbs:) Since I started LCHF this is the most I have lost in one go. I have now lost 2 stone 1 lb:) I was trying to think what I had done dofferently this week then I remembered I have had an avocado everyday for my lunch. I still think upping the fats contrubutes to my weight loss.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wow well done on the weightloss! i have been havibg the coconut oil most days. i have started to lose again, 2 lbs this week. i like avocados:)

Reactions: 3 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's good that you have started losing weight again and 2 lbs is good.:)
hubby bought a bag of reduced avocados last week end so I had to eat them fairly quickly!

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
they are smaller than normal...ha ha

seriously... they are on the reduced counter at the end of the day. hubby goes to tesco once a week to see what he can get...that will probably be the last avocados for a while :( still it adds variety to foods we eat!

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they are smaller than normal...ha ha

seriously... they are on the reduced counter at the end of the day. hubby goes to tesco once a week to see what he can get...that will probably be the last avocados for a while :( still it adds variety to foods we eat!

He's a brave man.
The reduced chilled section in our Tescos reminds me of a shark pool at feeding time.

I'm a wimp. I tend to hang out at the BOGOFs and the Twofers. I'm just not brave enough to go back in the water...

Reactions: 5 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He's a brave man.
The reduced chilled section in our Tescos reminds me of a shark pool at feeding time.

I'm a wimp. I tend to hang out at the BOGOFs and the Twofers. I'm just not brave enough to go back in the water...

he keeps suggesting I have a go..er no thanks! I would just stand back and get nothing...