Freestyle Libre

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered on the 17th. No email arrived with a tracking number. I got a text from DPD saying it was to be delivered at 1:30 today.

The parcel arrived and within 10mins, I inserted the sensor. In 51 mins I can start using it. I have been waiting for this forever.

Reactions: 2 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Got mid today after ordering Friday evening 27 mins to go to say I'm excited is an understatement this is almost as life changing as my pump :)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I was 138.25 for starter pack that has 2 sensors and a reader In it and delivery sensors seem to be 48.29 each but looking into it subscriptions are on the way would expect a discount if you subscribe

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so far I have done about 5 readings and its as accurate as my omnipod meter. No more waiting for a reading. Just press a button and scan and the reading appears on the screen.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found that so far readings are pretty spot on! Pain free insertion, didn't even feel it and can't feel it now! What a piece of technology- so far I am very very happy!
Now to see if they will last for the "upto" 14 days, as if not it is going to be even more expensive than first anticipated!

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really hope so as so far I am very impressed! Do you know that is will last through experience?
yes. so long as you are carefull about it..... dont rub it too hard with a towel when drying yourself.... just pat it dry and when in the shower, try not let it get too wet.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was very cautious with it today! Thanks for the advice :)
I keep forgetting that it's even on my arm and can't believe how much more info I am gaining! Amazing!

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes. so long as you are carefull about it..... dont rub it too hard with a towel when drying yourself.... just pat it dry and when in the shower, try not let it get too wet.

My sensor is currently starting to unstick slightly from one edge- does the main sticking power come from this part or the centre? I'm worried it will fall off and it's on 3 days in :/

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
My sensor is currently starting to unstick slightly from one edge- does the main sticking power come from this part or the centre? I'm worried it will fall off and it's on 3 days in :/
The sensor is sitting on a sticky circular pad so don't worry too much if the edges rise a little.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Phewwwwww thank you! I could nearly see my money circling the drain!
I've had to remove two sensors (ouch!) after a day each due to them failing and believe me they are NOT going to fall off within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if its lifting on the edges....just be carefull when u shower. try not let it get too much water on it

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mines doing the snap so I've bought some micro pore tape just in case

iHs

Not sure about micropore as it tends to come unstuck and I dont think its waterproof. Opsite or Tegaderm might be better