What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivLife

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A few weeks ago I tried finding livlife in my local waitrose but couldn't find it, managed to get it online though with delivery from Ocado/ waitrose

Hi All, just wanted to let you know that we are well and truly back in Waitrose! Enjoy the LifLive bread and tell us how you like it most on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/lovelivlife

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Standard Poodle next time, then? Or a Bedlington? Both great dogs.

As much as I love dogs I hate poodles, def. no!!
Won't have a pet for few years now, always was a bind when we go on our annual pilgrimage to Thailand for 4 weeks, always cost a fortune if family members did not have her

B bran flakes ( not good but nice )
L black farmers chipolatas, egg and bacon - nut ball
D chicken salad

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This week, I have had a couple of revelations from ASDA.

Firstly, their "Funky Fish Salmon Fillets with Chilli and Wasabi Butter" - utterly delicious.

And secondly, a fizzy drink. I try to avoid sweeteners, but sometimes it's good to have a fizzy drink. Anyway, ASDA do a low calorie Bitter Cranberry drink, and it's lovely.

I wouldn't want either of those things every day, but nice finds, in my view.

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I love wasabi sauce...I mix it with butter and freeze in sausage shape and freeze. Also mix in with butter and chilli and horseradish. Sounds like overkill but lovely also all of the above with dab of wholegrain mustard

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love wasabi sauce...I mix it with butter and freeze in sausage shape and freeze. Also mix in with butter and chilli and horseradish. Sounds like overkill but lovely also all of the above with dab of wholegrain mustard

I love all of those flavours, but a recent dabble into Wasabi Peanuts was not one of my finest experiences. They were terribly different from the american Wasabi and Lime peanuts I had a few months ago.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon, mushrooms, poached egg
Lunch slice bacon and leek frittata from deli plus coleslaw
Dinner chicken breast stuffed with Wensleydale and wrapped in pancetta ( think Parma would be better as bit salty) 4 homemade wholemeal oven baked wedges and mound asparagus, green beans and tenderstem broccoli.
Snack 6 pistachios
There's a pear and raspberry almond flour crumble but may save mine till tomorrow when mr ethyl out.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am laughing at myself, over this:

Last night, wrote this, for this thread -

'Stuck for supper this evening.
Not much in the cupboard.
Just had some crustless quiche, but am still hungry.
Definitely not had anywhere near enough protein today...
But what I want is a peanut and chocolate mug cake. :D

Back in 10 mins! :D:D:D'

But was in such a feeding frenzy, that I never pressed the 'post reply' button!

Came back this morning and the unpublished post was sitting waiting! Lol

- mind you, it was a fab mug cake. I put a blob of peanut butter in the middle, then melted a square of 70% choc on top as a garnish... :wacky:

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

Breakfast
2 poached eggs on a bed of baby spinach with some home made hollandaise
Lunch wedge of blur brie cheese with a green salad
Dinner will be chicken breast stuffed with boursin cheese..broccoli and a few sprouts I shred these fry some bacon lardons then stir fry the sprouts with them .if you add a splash of white wine to them even better...then of course you need to taste the wine.....:)

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast
Dinner will be chicken breast stuffed with boursin cheese..broccoli and a few sprouts I shred these fry some bacon lardons then stir fry the sprouts with them .if you add a splash of white wine to them even better...then of course you need to taste the wine.....:)

that dinner sounds fabulous.
I'm doing chicken thighs, so may borrow your recipe. only I'm far too lazy to stuff chicken breast.
I'll probably cook the chicken in an open pan with bacon bits and garlic, add shredded sweetheart cabbage and sugarsnaps, then stir in cream cheese at the end...
:hungry:
isn't it utterly marvellous to be able to give your inner gourmande free rein? :happy:

alliebee

I know. I've never eaten so well...or consistantly lost weight...it was only 2 stone but I couldn't shift it. Kept losing and gaining same 7 lbs..hope you enjoy your dinner too. That sounds lovely too...may even treat myself to your peanut butter and choc mug cake too

Oh this is such a deprived diet we follow isn't it. Lol :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know. I've never eaten so well...or consistantly lost weight...it was only 2 stone but I couldn't shift it. Kept losing and gaining same 7 lbs..hope you enjoy your dinner too. That sounds lovely too...may even treat myself to your peanut butter and choc mug cake too

Oh this is such a deprived diet we follow isn't it. Lol :)

;)

I think if I do the peanut butter mug cake again, I will either add the peanut butter after cooking, and let it melt over, OR I will sub some of the cream and butter in the recipe for peanut butter. The reason is that the pbutter went runny in the heat, and it ended up less of a cake, and more of a... porridge texture.

Delicious, taste, porridge texture. If you know what I mean.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
that dinner sounds fabulous.
I'm doing chicken thighs, so may borrow your recipe. only I'm far too lazy to stuff chicken breast.
I'll probably cook the chicken in an open pan with bacon bits and garlic, add shredded sweetheart cabbage and sugarsnaps, then stir in cream cheese at the end...
:hungry:
isn't it utterly marvellous to be able to give your inner gourmande free rein? :happy:

I give him a free rein most days. :D:D:D:D:D

(Only 4 sleeps to go.)

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon poached egg mushrooms
Lunch tuna mayo salad with bit of cheese
Dinner leftover chilli. Salad half a taco, grated cheese , jalapeños
Snack couple sqs dark chocolate

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of delicious over indulgence :D

Brekkie: 3 x 97% meat sausages and a creamy coffee.
Lunch: a 3 egg scramble with smoked salmon and get stuffed peppers :wacky::wacky::wacky:
Evening: chicken with garlic, bacon, sweetheart cabbage and green beans, in a cream cheese sauce, followed (3 hrs later) by berries and cream

It beggars belief that I am losing weight. Can't get my head around it. But I am very, very, grateful.

Edited to add: While I am curious to know what 'get stuffed' peppers might taste like, what we actually ate were feta stuffed peppers. Which were very nice. Dratted predictive text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Cheese Omelette
L Grilled salmon (we went to the fish market)
S Almonds
D Fresh sweet ocean king prawns with a little seafood sauce and 3 hours later blueberries and cream (probably a bit too much cream)

My dietician will give me grief for having cream and also not eating veggies.....oh well, I sacrificed veggies for more prawns.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 3 thin meaty sausages , two scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms ( off out so big brunch thing)
Lunch few strawbs dollop 0% Total Greek yogurt
Dinner corned beef, red onion and cheese salad in a box to be eaten on hoof

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast

Just a taste........

alliebee

Breakfast was greek yoghurt chia seeds and a few berries
Lunch was 4 sausages I had in the freezer cooked with some melted cheese and mushrooms.
Dinner tonight leftover stuffed chicken and a nice green salad
Maybe some sugar free jelly later

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Omelette with ham and mushrooms and a little Edam cheese
L - boiled bacon with greens and 2 small new boiled potatoes
D - Will be salad with feta cheese & olives followed by jelly with mixed berries and cream

Status
Not open for further replies.