Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Go Mike!
I have another 2 stone to go! Going a bit slow at the mo but at least a normal size now! :D

Luckily, I can get hold of cheap clothing (especially jeans) as I've thrown out four pairs. If only I'd kept the stuff I thought would never fit me back when I was overweight :)

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Luckily, I can get hold of cheap clothing (especially jeans) as I've thrown out four pairs. If only I'd kept the stuff I thought would never fit me back when I was overweight :)
I got rid of a whole load of clothing just before I was diagnosed as I thought I needed to face facts and acknowledge that I was never going to be that size again. I was right! I'm thinner!:hilarious:;)

alliebee

Sorry for late reply. I've been v low carbing 40 a day up to now...I'm almost at target weight so I'm introducing a few more in now to find my level

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing that fits me now is a t-shirt that used to be too small. All my trouser waists look like badly-drawn curtains.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Sorry for late reply. I've been v low carbing 40 a day up to now...I'm almost at target weight so I'm introducing a few more in now to find my level

40 a day ???? Heck, that's low

alliebee

Yes but I wanted to get my readings down fast as well as losing 2 stone...I'm almost there. I've just started increasing carbs until I stop losing. Sort of trial and error. I wanted ketosis and its done that perfectly..

secundaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to give up my bread tomorrow and have bacon and egg,I have just done my reading and its 8.1 which is low for me,so will wait and see what tomorrow holds.

Reactions: 4 people