Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Hi, Keven :)
Sorry I have not been in touch for a while, I have just noticed your thread today on my flag alert.
I read all the comments to get a update and how nice everyone is.
I hope you are getting on well with your new scooter.( must be a few months old by now)
images
can you tell I like F1 racing ,all the best Roy

Roy, hi, so good to hear from you again, My Electric Wheelchais both beautiful, full of tricks, and life saving, I couldn't be without it, especially as I'deteriorating so very quickly, I know can go out alone, shop, visit friends ect. Its really fantastic, and Wendies health is so much better now she doesnt have to push me every where in the manual chair, so great all round, love the pic, im hoping to go to next years Austrian F1 GRANDPRIX.

Hope your keeping well,

Best Regards

Keep in Touch,

Kevin and Wendie.

Reactions: 2 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Folks, hopefully this will be good news for you all, but I have decided to go ahead and run a Blog to compliment this thread, None of this would have happened without the considerable help of my dear Friend. .... MUD ISLAND DWELLER, who not only did all the encouraging but she completey Set Up the Blog Site, transfered posts from this thread over, and promised to maintain it with me, So please everyone give her the credit and thank her as I will be doing !

I wont give details now, but we hope to be up and running within a week all being well, so Please. .... Watch This Space

Also remember Mud is a very busy lady, and I am at this time in very poor health and deteriorating fast, it may sometimes take me a while, I'm working on new big posts, hopefully informative, Interesting and scary too, folks theres so much you need to know about consequences ect.

So there you are, this is where we begin another Journey, stay with me on this road as I make the preperation to leave this life,

As I say Mud Island Dweller is the one to thank for the work on putting all this together in a coherant way, I just put my thoughts down on screen LOL. !

Stay Healthy, Live Long Lives and Dont be Me. !!!

Love and Hugs.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

That's fantastic news! So many of us care about you and your family...will be reading it all the way Kevin. And how kind of Mud to help you with this :)

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That's fantastic news! So many of us care about you and your family...will be reading it all the way Kevin. And how kind of Mud to help you with this :)

Yeah she is wonderful. .... except when I call her Mummy, then she gets Violent. !!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Sadly Kev is not well at all today the idea was to hold off until he worked his way round the blog. However l thought it would be a positive move mentaly for him if folks could see it now.
The bots have just found it so it has started to pop up on searches but best is to go via the link.
http://diabetesterminalscared.blogspot.co.uk/

It is wotk in progress and some layout may change
Hope mods do not mind the post....many thanks
MID :)

Reactions: 9 people

alliebee

Thinking about you Kevin. Your posts made me come bacl to the forum and get a grip. Bless you and thankyou x

Reactions: 4 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thinking about you Kevin. Your posts made me come bacl to the forum and get a grip. Bless you and thankyou x

Thanks. Sweetie. !

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sadly Kev is not well at all today the idea was to hold off until he worked his way round the blog. However l thought it would be a positive move mentaly for him if folks could see it now.
The bots have just found it so it has started to pop up on searches but best is to go via the link.

Thanks Mummy for letting everyone know, Did you call earlier ?

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I saw and liked your blogspot.:)

Thanks Roy, glad you like it, please tell Mud Island Dweller. too she'll be really pleased !

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I think this blog is just great.
I am not quite sure how to use the blog, as I this is my first time to look at a blog.( new to me):)

EwokBishop

Hi Kevin,

I've been watching your story from a distance for a while and finally feel ready to say something.

This week I turned 30 and have decided that I'm going to make some changes. I've tried before and failed but this time I'm determined to do it.

I was diagnosed at 11 with type 2 diabetes (carried through my father's line) but as my father didn't control his diabetes and the doctors didn't seem concerned I didn't think it eas a big deal.
At the age of 21 (a week after my 21st birthday) I was taken to hospital suffering from a DKA coma, it was touch and go for a while, my parents were told to prepare for the worst and I spent 2 months in ICU on a ventilator. Somehow despite everything I made it through, I amazed the doctors by not suffering permanent brain damage.
It wasn't without its costs tho, after 6 months in hospital I was released having lost most of my hearing, the sight from one eye and sever mobility issues.
Worse from this my kidneys had been seriously effected.
You would think that going through all that would change things, for a while it did, but I started suffering from depression. I had been a promising law student, these days I find it difficult to hold down a basic wage job.
I stopped taking my medicaton.
These days I try very hard to take the mountain of pills everyday, it's not easy. Somedays I feel positive and I get through it, others I don't. My doctor keeps reminding me how important it is too take my medication, the think is I know that, I'm not stupid, I know the consequences I just can't beat that dark cloud.
Last month I eas told my kidneys are about to enter End Stage Renal failure and they are talking about the idea if transplant. It's all a bit much to take in.

I want to thank you for sharing your journey, I hope that I can face whatever is coming with the same strength.

Vicky x

Reactions: 6 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think this blog is just great.
I am not quite sure how to use the blog, as I this is my first time to look at a blog.( new to me):)

Not all that familiar to me either Roy, mostly its posts fron this thread and my previous one, and its thanks to mud that it got off the ground, there will be New posts from me in there, and eventually the opotunity for others like yourself to post just like here in the thread, We'll learn together Roy LOL.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin,

I've been watching your story from a distance for a while and finally feel ready to say something.

This week I turned 30 and have decided that I'm going to make some changes. I've tried before and failed but this time I'm determined to do it.

I was diagnosed at 11 with type 2 diabetes (carried through my father's line) but as my father didn't control his diabetes and the doctors didn't seem concerned I didn't think it eas a big deal.
At the age of 21 (a week after my 21st birthday) I was taken to hospital suffering from a DKA coma, it was touch and go for a while, my parents were told to prepare for the worst and I spent 2 months in ICU on a ventilator. Somehow despite everything I made it through, I amazed the doctors by not suffering permanent brain damage.
It wasn't without its costs tho, after 6 months in hospital I was released having lost most of my hearing, the sight from one eye and sever mobility issues.
Worse from this my kidneys had been seriously effected.
You would think that going through all that would change things, for a while it did, but I started suffering from depression. I had been a promising law student, these days I find it difficult to hold down a basic wage job.
I stopped taking my medicaton.
These days I try very hard to take the mountain of pills everyday, it's not easy. Somedays I feel positive and I get through it, others I don't. My doctor keeps reminding me how important it is too take my medication, the think is I know that, I'm not stupid, I know the consequences I just can't beat that dark cloud.
Last month I eas told my kidneys are about to enter End Stage Renal failure and they are talking about the idea if transplant. It's all a bit much to take in.

I want to thank you for sharing your journey, I hope that I can face whatever is coming with the same strength.

Vicky x

Vicky, WOW. .........

You sure know how to put yiurself through the Wringer don't you ? It's difficult to know what to say, I'm so glad that at last your taking your diabetes and your health in general seriously, I hope things are recoverable and that you will be able to cope, please please do everything you can to stay on track, do whatever the Drs say to keep you safe,

Please Vicky don't let yourself down, dont follow me into the Fiery Depths, and if you need anything, anytime, anything seriously anything PM me and I have Big Ears and Broad Shoulders, I will try and PM later, or tomorrow, but I need to rest now, my pain is unbearable, but I promise we will talk more if you would like that,

Love and Hugs

Kevin & Wendie.

xxxx.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Folks, hopefully this will be good news for you all, but I have decided to go ahead and run a Blog to compliment this thread, None of this would have happened without the considerable help of my dear Friend. .... MUD ISLAND DWELLER, who not only did all the encouraging but she completey Set Up the Blog Site, transfered posts from this thread over, and promised to maintain it with me, So please everyone give her the credit and thank her as I will be doing !

I wont give details now, but we hope to be up and running within a week all being well, so Please. .... Watch This Space

Also remember Mud is a very busy lady, and I am at this time in very poor health and deteriorating fast, it may sometimes take me a while, I'm working on new big posts, hopefully informative, Interesting and scary too, folks theres so much you need to know about consequences ect.

So there you are, this is where we begin another Journey, stay with me on this road as I make the preperation to leave this life,

As I say Mud Island Dweller is the one to thank for the work on putting all this together in a coherant way, I just put my thoughts down on screen LOL. !

Stay Healthy, Live Long Lives and Dont be Me. !!!

Love and Hugs.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Kevin And wendie, both of you are always in my thoughts And prayers.

With my very best wishes RRB X

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
People can comment if you look at the bottom of each post is a little comments section all comments can be made in there. The first post has 3 on 2 and a reply from myself. It is different to here in you can not add separate posts but can comment on those individual posts.

alliebee

Bumping this thread as it probably saved me from complications and made such a difference to me...honest and heartbreaking. he is such a brave man..read and take in his message

Status
Not open for further replies.