2014/15 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Well, that's it. Our Manager has been sacked. Shame. It should have been the owner.

Yeah its Oyston thats the bad apple in the barrel.Ive heard it through the grapevine that Lee Clark is in the frame for the job as manager

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah its Oyston thats the bad apple in the barrel.Ive heard it through the grapevine that Lee Clark is in the frame for the job as manager

Was reading about this earlier.
Not really sure what was expected in the situation the owners have put your club in.

Only a desperate man will take on Blackpool with its current owner.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Only a desperate man will take on Blackpool with its current owner.

Yeah a manager needs a chairman to put funds up so he can buy players and thus build a good strong team.Without that they are going nowhere fast except down in to Division 1

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
FA cup a week on Saturday and theres one fixture that should be a good one.Halifax v Bradford city a fine Yorkshire derby.Bradford should win it but Halifax are playing well so with a cup match there could be an upset.It would be a brave man to place a bet on that one.

Reactions: 5 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think a place has already been booked and paid for in Division 1.

I support Dundee and 4 years ago around November we went in to administration and given a 25 point penalty which along with losing alot of players was meant to send us down to the Scottish Second Division.

That didn't work and although they were bottom for much of the season they battled and got out of it.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I support Dundee and 4 years ago around November we went in to administration and given a 25 point penalty which along with losing alot of players was meant to send us down to the Scottish Second Division.

That didn't work and although they were bottom for much of the season they battled and got out of it.

There is hope for us all then! That has cheered me up. Thank you.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is hope for us all then! That has cheered me up. Thank you.
Wouldn't like to see Blackpool go down.
Always went to Blackpool on holiday as a kid so always one of the teams I look out for results of.
Also saw them play Newcastle a few years back, admittedly from the Newcastle end ;)

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Championship paper talk: Former Birmingham boss Clark offered Blackpool job as Assombalonga hails potential loan addition of Hull City winger

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't like to see Blackpool go down.
Always went to Blackpool on holiday as a kid so always one of the teams I look out for results of.
Also saw them play Newcastle a few years back, admittedly from the Newcastle end ;)

It's my home town. I was born and bred there, and my home for 25 or more years. We still visit every now and again, and I get very nostalgic. I was a regular member of the crowd on the Cop in the 60's. This mess is breaking my heart. :mad:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I visited twice in the league cup. I think that was when Oysten was in jail ??
The ground before the rebuild when we were put in the open end and the concrete on the terracing weasel ripped up and fenced off! Toilet was a brick wall! The refreshment bar had 1 server cos it was that small. I believed that them days had gone! How sad to see them struggling! We always enjoyed a press match drink in the Bridge pub ??
I empathise as rovers had been going the same way for years. We have new owners and things are at last looking up. Hope the tangerines can get out of this mess!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
It's amazing reading the enthusiastic response to your the thread semiphonic.

I've never been one-over by football. The last match I watched was in
Oxford in 1966. The fans were naturally excited and voicing their opinions,
and there was me standing there wondering how the heck the fans of both
teams were able to get so involved.

LOL, I guess I must be weird.

Anyway folks, best wishes to all of you and continue enjoying your, well....enjoyment.

weewillie
fdf.gif

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There is a theory that becoming a supporter is because of wanting to belong to the tribe. I don't subscribe to that, I have always wTched football and I enjoy it. I like to dissect games, for example tactics, formations, skill level, technical abilities, excitement and style of football used. It is a form of science and I am a student of it.
I can watch football at many levels from junior to professional. I have always watched the televised games and I use this information to help my grandsons team.
Football is a big part of my life but I am not obsessive. I know when it is the idiotic morons, (the few) who ruin the reputation of the most popular sport in the world!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lee Clark: Blackpool appoint ex-Birmingham City manager
Blackpool have appointed former Birmingham City boss Lee Clark as their new manager on a one-year rolling deal.

The 42-year-old was sacked by Blues just 10 days ago, and takes over the only side below his old club in the Championship table.

The ex-Huddersfield boss replaces Belgian Jose Riga, who was firedafter his four-month spell at the Seasiders.

"The main objective is to try and keep the club in the Championship and build from there," said Clark.

"It is a big challenge because of our position in the league, but it's a challenge that can be overcome.

Hes gunna need all the luck in the world with that Oyston fellow

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lee Clark: Blackpool appoint ex-Birmingham City manager
Blackpool have appointed former Birmingham City boss Lee Clark as their new manager on a one-year rolling deal.

The 42-year-old was sacked by Blues just 10 days ago, and takes over the only side below his old club in the Championship table.

The ex-Huddersfield boss replaces Belgian Jose Riga, who was firedafter his four-month spell at the Seasiders.

"The main objective is to try and keep the club in the Championship and build from there," said Clark.

"It is a big challenge because of our position in the league, but it's a challenge that can be overcome.

Hes gunna need all the luck in the world with that Oyston fellow

He must be desperate to take the job. There again, Oyston must also be desperate to have appointed him. Lol.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
He must be desperate to take the job. There again, Oyston must also be desperate to have appointed him. Lol.

He did ok for us and it was a complete surprise when Dean Hoyle sacked him.I wouldnt have been so hasty but our Deano gets scared when we play bad.If Oyston were to give him a bit of sumat to spend im sure he could turn Pools fortunes around.If not then they are doomed.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This weeks predictions,

Wins for arsenal, chelski, Swansea, Soton, Leicester
DRaws for Newcastle, Stoke,

Leeds and Huddersfield to lose,

Rovers to win! Please!