Humalog

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Anyone having humalog I start having this on Monday and then see the Nurse three days later to see if need a longer acting Insulin in the mornings....I used to have humilin but was giving em too many hypos so tried a new tablet out which worked for a while but sadly levels rising soo gonna try Humalog and see how i go.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not used this insulin before Patsy, but keep a detailed diary of your bg readings and carb intake and the diabetes nurse will advise further, also it pays to keep some fast-acting glucose to hand just in case you go hypo, good luck.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
its a short acting insulin so yes keep carbs to hand. Mini cartons of orange juice are good (the 200ml ones) Make sure they are not reduced sugar!

its a good insulin though - better than novorapid in my opinion.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
started the humalog Monday the 3rd November and it seems to be working as has dropped my levels nicely...thankyou for your advice :p

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Humalog, it starts to act in about 10 min and only lasts for 3 -4 hours. Previously I was on Humulin S as bolus and although it acted quickly enough, the duration was much longer causing me nightime hypos.