Blood test results.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Individual metabolism comes to mind...! We are all different... I'm certainly not joking. Please read my last post.
I know i know but this all seems a bit much....it's been going on for too long to be carbon monoxide and the house only has electrical appliances gas isn't even paid for!

D

Deleted member 83869

I'll be sure to make sure everything is in place when I get my own place though!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So I had my blood test results for my tiredness etc....and they all came back as absolutely normal she thinks my tiredness could be my depression....BUT most importantly my hba1c is 58!!!!!! I am sooooooo happy as I never thought it would be this low! I can't believe it! As for the lightheadedness she doesn't know why I am getting that.....

Well done on getting your Hba1c down Nicola :)

As for your tiredness, I do wonder if it's just a side-effect of the meds you take for your sciatica and depression, often tiredness is mentioned in the patient leaflet information and if your on a highish dose this may explain thing,( given your blood results were fine), hopefully when you have the operation things will improve.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Well done on getting your Hba1c down Nicola :)

As for your tiredness, I do wonder if it's just a side-effect of the meds you take for your sciatica and depression, often tiredness is mentioned in the patient leaflet information and if your on a highish dose this may explain thing,( given your blood results were fine), hopefully when you have the operation things will improve.
I take nothing for sciatica as nothing helps for it! I only take for my head and anti depressants but I have a feeling my gabapentin will be upped tomorrow anyway!! And I hope so!! x

iHs

Gabapentin can be prescribed to deal with back pain and can also cause drowsiness. Google side effects

alliebee

A lot of people feel spaced out or weird on gabapentin. There is a better new drug out there called pregabalin. Much much better. I say from experience with multiple sclerosis

D

Deleted member 83869

Gabapentin can be prescribed to deal with back pain and can also cause drowsiness. Google side effects
Have done that but have been on them for 2 months now and I had the tiredness before that anyway...bit weird to randomly get side effects now though

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I agree with much of the above, your blood pressure does seem on the low side.
But I have been lower and have been fine :S This is all so frustrating lol!
Hi Nicola - don't worry about your blood pressure, it's pretty good - may be a touch high due to the bottom (105/85) or diastolic value - it is not low.
For a better understanding of blood pressure readings click here.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very well done, on your HbA1c, Nicola. Now you’ve changed your signature, it’s impossible to understand your improvement. What was your last? I seem to recall that had come down a lot from the one before? That being the case, it seems you’re really making a difference to your life.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee @noblehead @iHs @Totto @logindetails @this is too difficult two @graj0

New theory...could it be withdrawal from citalopram...not been on it in about a week as run out and doctor's are being anal about it...that's not the cause of the tiredness but the lightheadedness? I don't know I am probably wrong though!

Abrubt withdrawal could contribute to these symptoms? My personal experience of seeing someone going through "cold turkey" was not actually dissimilar to a Diabetic suffering hypoglycaemicia... Though these were prescribed anti depressants, morphine based pain killers & recreational drug withdrawal in this case.. Not pretty to witness.
I can understand why as you say the "doctors are being anal about it".. Have you exceeded you prescribed amount?

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So I had my blood test results for my tiredness etc....and they all came back as absolutely normal she thinks my tiredness could be my depression....BUT most importantly my hba1c is 58!!!!!! I am sooooooo happy as I never thought it would be this low! I can't believe it! As for the lightheadedness she doesn't know why I am getting that.....

That's good news Nicola, at least your blood tests haven't shown up anything awful :)

Best wishes RRB

D

Deleted member 83869

Abrubt withdrawal could contribute to these symptoms? My personal experience of seeing someone going through "cold turkey" was not actually dissimilar to a Diabetic suffering hypoglycaemicia... Though these were prescribed anti depressants, morphine based pain killers & recreational drug withdrawal in this case.. Not pretty to witness.
I can understand why as you say the "doctors are being anal about it".. Have you exceeded you prescribed amount?
Well I wouldn't say it's the doctor's it's the receptionist's! I'm back at the doctor's tomorrow I'll speak to her...so i do not run out and have to go "cold turkey" unwillingly! ha

D

Deleted member 83869

Very, very well done, on your HbA1c, Nicola. Now you’ve changed your signature, it’s impossible to understand your improvement. What was your last? I seem to recall that had come down a lot from the one before? That being the case, it seems you’re really making a difference to your life.
Thank you!! I was 77 at the end of July...I honestly thought I was doing worse and that it would be higher!! As @donnellysdogs says I don't have enough faith in myself lol! x

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola - don't worry about your blood pressure, it's pretty good - may be a touch high due to the bottom (105/85) or diastolic value - it is not low.
I may have got the bottom one wrong I cannot remember properly!

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
D

Deleted member 83869

I have just read that link but I am still slightly confused as according to thatmy blood pressure is ideal!