What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - ham with cream cheese and tomatoe + half an original 9bar :)
L - salad with home made bbq chicken and a drizzle of olive oil
D - salmon with broccoli and cauliflower

Strawberries and cream for dessert at 9pm

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks, this is my first post!
It's also my first day on low carb diet. My bm was 19.6 on rising and today I've had a home made caprese salad for brunch ( I missed breakfast as I'd run our of insulin:()
For tea I have had cod loin baked, with an enormous portion of Mediterranean veg.
I am still feeling a bit hungry so Im going to have a Greek yoghurt with some raspberries.

I tested my bm before my evening meal and it was 8.9 - and this wasn't because I hadn't had any breakfast, it has been routinely between 14 and 20 since I was taken off metformin, so hurrah!

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 4 bacon
L burger wrapped in lettuce leaf with blue cheese & small dollop of relish
2 sq 70% choc
D big bowl of salad with chicken, cheese, egg pretty much all I could find in fridge , payday tomorrow luckily:)
Nut ball for pudding

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks, this is my first post!
It's also my first day on low carb diet. My bm was 19.6 on rising and today I've had a home made caprese salad for brunch ( I missed breakfast as I'd run our of insulin:()
For tea I have had cod loin baked, with an enormous portion of Mediterranean veg.
I am still feeling a bit hungry so Im going to have a Greek yoghurt with some raspberries.

I tested my bm before my evening meal and it was 8.9 - and this wasn't because I hadn't had any breakfast, it has been routinely between 14 and 20 since I was taken off metformin, so hurrah!

Yes, very welcome indeed!

Not sure how much reading you have done about low carbing (sorry if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs), but the most important things I have found when lowering my carbs, is 1) drink more than you think you can. lots more and 2) for the first few days, eat enough Greek yog, butter, cream, cheese, cold meat and nuts, as snacks, so that you are never hungry. for me, it is always the fat that kills the hunger pangs. I could be stuffed to the gills with veg and salad, but if there isn't any cheese, mayo or salad oil in there, my pesky body believes I am still empty.

Reactions: 2 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, very welcome indeed!

Not sure how much reading you have done about low carbing (sorry if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs), but the most important things I have found when lowering my carbs, is 1) drink more than you think you can. lots more and 2) for the first few days, eat enough Greek yog, butter, cream, cheese, cold meat and nuts, as snacks, so that you are never hungry. for me, it is always the fat that kills the hunger pangs. I could be stuffed to the gills with veg and salad, but if there isn't any cheese, mayo or salad oil in there, my pesky body believes I am still empty.

Thanks for the welcome Brunneria and Alliebee :)
Ive been reading a bit about low carb but am still very much a novice, so any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Its taken me a long time to come round to accepting being diabetic and Ive looked at various diets which havent really worked for me. The main attraction of low carb for me is the dairy component, Im not a great meat eater, though Im going to give it a good go. Looking forward to sharing more ideas with you all! x

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Cheese with everything apparently. Only just noticed...

Breakfast: cheddar and Quorn chorizo omelette

Lunch: ounce of almonds, ounce of cheddar, fennel tea

Dinner: two cauldron sausages, broccoli in cheese sauce

Pudding: to honour National Cat Day (and because I found some leopard print muffin cases at the back of the cupboard lol) I made some ginger almond muffins. Served with cream. Will have more tomorrow too to celebrate National Black Cat Day :cat:

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks for the welcome Brunneria and Alliebee :)
Ive been reading a bit about low carb but am still very much a novice, so any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Its taken me a long time to come round to accepting being diabetic and Ive looked at various diets which havent really worked for me. The main attraction of low carb for me is the dairy component, Im not a great meat eater, though Im going to give it a good go. Looking forward to sharing more ideas with you all! x

Hello and welcome. Beautiful profile pic :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Sadly not my cats :( and thanks for the welcome!
I don't know much about insulin, but I am sure it's not good to run out of it. Yikes! Hope you got your supply sorted today.

I know more about low carbing without meat, so if you want any pointers, just shout :)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know much about insulin, but I am sure it's not good to run out of it. Yikes! Hope you got your supply sorted today.

I know more about low carbing without meat, so if you want any pointers, just shout :)
Thank you. I did get my insulin supplies today btw! Close call :)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Porrige
Lunch: bacon, stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes
Tea: probably gammon steaks with veg and a sweet treat for dessert

Snacks: so far 3 belvita biscuits - they're really my emergency biscuits and I don't really like them, but if there's a biscuit in the house I must eat it! Got to stop :sorry:

alliebee

As it happens I changed my mind re chicken soup
Made a hearty beef curry. A dansak with some lentils yes. But I'm trying to include some extras that will maintain my weight but not increase my bgs ..a mega array of spices onions leeks and beautiful tumeric too. I love hot and sour curries. So. Lime juice and tamarinf paste in there....may try a tiny portion of brown basmati rice....after 12:weeks in ketosis should be a good experiment as I lost yet another pound this week and I really don't want to lose much more.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; Fatcoffee/bulletcoffee
Soon afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp jerseycream
Dinner, aahh last couple of days been chicken dishes (had to make use of some in the freezer), but usually find chicken to lean and to make it more tasty I need to add a tbsp or two of cream, have this with a small portion of sprouting broccoli, well soon back on my home made burgers and kimchi.

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello.all ,
Not been goid at posting here as been busy ..does any one here work shifts?
If they do how do they cope with low carbing ...
I am on nights this week and from 21.00 until 04.15 I didnt have time to drink let alone eat ...at 04.15 I realised I had to eat so a leg was torn of a precooked chicken and was devoured in seconds along with a glass of water ...
I was so dry coming of duty .
Iwas sure I was going into renal failure as I hadn't passed urine for over 12 hours...any suggestions how to keep to low carb on shifts ?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm that curry sounds lovely @alliebee
Breakfast bacon scrambled eggs
Lunch salad pot from deli. Only ate half as too cold . Tuna with diced peppers and mayo and salad leaves.
Dinner chicken chorizo chickpea stew with broccoli and green beans

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Forgot to add
B.bullet proof coffee
Mixed berries soured cream
L cheese with butter
Dinner is going to be Gammon steak ...spinach and brocolli .
Overnight as at work salad with egg and mayo ...might have some berries and whipped cream on standby in case of carb craving ...which so far at work I have resisted people gorge on crisps cake and sweets ...so have to be prepared .

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - cheese omelette
L - salmon salad with olive oil
D - chicken fajitas with sourcream

Not sure how the wrap will affect me - as I've not had anything like that since I started Lchf. But my sister had gone to so much trouble to make what used to be one of my favourite meals that I felt I couldn't say no.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.all ,
Not been goid at posting here as been busy ..does any one here work shifts?
If they do how do they cope with low carbing ...
I am on nights this week and from 21.00 until 04.15 I didnt have time to drink let alone eat ...at 04.15 I realised I had to eat so a leg was torn of a precooked chicken and was devoured in seconds along with a glass of water ...
I was so dry coming of duty .
Iwas sure I was going into renal failure as I hadn't passed urine for over 12 hours...any suggestions how to keep to low carb on shifts ?

Hiya I don't work shifts but What about taking some nuts in with you to snack on if you get hungry or a 9bar. I'm assuming you have dinner before you go in. You could also snack on cheese with a few olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.